This is what sheets are for right?

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
Keaniebean
A selfsufficientish Regular

This is what sheets are for right?

I have been wearing the same old clothes for way too long, to the point that i'm inadvertantly exposing bits that really shouldn't be exposed so I've been busy finding the most garish sheets and duvet covers trying to clothe myself in a slightly more respectable manner. Here are three of my attempts so far, check out the lovely back gate and dead hanging basket too. I've even used a little sellotape to help show you the shapes of the dresses a bit better. Classy bint me :iconbiggrin: Who needs exotic locations when you have such a wonderful back gate and sellotape! :wink:

They look every bit like a woman wearing a duvet when I wear them, but at least I'm not flasing me butt cheeks when I don't realise it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Keaniebean on Wed May 11, 2011 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

red

Re: This is what shhets are for right?

wowsers.. that top one is bright!

I dont think people will think duvet.. unless perhaps they have that duvet cover themselves... :icon_smile:
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

JulieSherris

Re: This is what shhets are for right?

red wrote:wowsers.. that top one is bright!

I dont think people will think duvet.. unless perhaps they have that duvet cover themselves... :icon_smile:

A few years back I was out shopping with hubby & following a woman wearing a shirt.... 'I have something like that' thought me, trying to rack my brains & think exactly what it WAS that I had in that material - couldn't picture a shirt, skirt, pants..... a couple of days later, went to change the bed... !!! :oops: :lol:

Sarah, your creations are delightful & as long as they keep you respectable, then at least you won't be getting mistaken for an unemployed builder! :mrgreen:
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

Susie

Re: This is what sheets are for right?

We did use to have the top one as a duvet cover! I always liked it, I love it as a dress!

These are wonderful, I'd wear them in a heartbeat.
Last edited by Susie on Wed May 11, 2011 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

chickenchargrill
Living the good life
Living the good life

They are awesome! My poor sewing machine has been neglected, must give it a job to do.

Milims

You are a very clever lady - Mrs Flibble better watch out! :lol:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Keaniebean

Susie wrote:We did used to have the top one as a duvet cover! I always liked it, I love it as a dress!

These are wonderful, I'd wear them in a heartbeat.
Haha I just knew somebody would have them, I've already had the yellow dress recognised too, but as Julie says at least I get to avoid the sweaty bum crack look this way :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :lol:
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

Nomada
Living the good life
Living the good life

I love them all but that yellow one is my favourite! Beautiful!
England is not a Free People, till the Poor that have no Land, have a free allowance to dig and labour the Commons.

wildbee
Tom Good
Tom Good

They are lovely, how long did it take to make all three?

becks77

Theyare fab, very clever :cheers:
"no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission"

Keaniebean

Wildbee each one has taken at least 4 hours, but that is because I have had to cut the patterns out first. Also the BRIGHT one was a pattern I draughted myself so took a while getting the size right as it was based on a pattern which only went up to a size 16! and I'm quite a bit bigger than that.

The yellow one was a Burda pattern from their magazine and tracing it is hard work because they plonk about 20 patterns all on to one page, so you have to hunt for your bits and then try and trace them. I also then had to add 5/8" seam allowances as they don't add that to their patterns which is really irritating.

The other thing I do is hand sew the hems, and sometimes the sleves too, just so they look better which always takes me forever, but I can sit back of an evening doing that with my feet up so I don't mind :wink:

On the plus side, when I use these patterns again all the initial hard work is done already and having sewn the dresses once it is always easier the second time round.

Thank you all for your lovely comments :iconbiggrin: :iconbiggrin: :iconbiggrin:
Sarah.x

MuddyWitch
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

Seriously impressive!

I love 'repurposing' bedding, but I doubt my skills would be up to a dress. (So far in the Muddyhousehold: curtains, skirt for DD1, under skirt for linen suit, cushion covers & the inevitable patchwork)

MW
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!

Keaniebean

Here is a link to some free patterns from Burda, for anyone who fancies having a go. :iconbiggrin:

http://www.burdastyle.com/patterns?free=1&most_recent=1

Beware though, LOTS of their patterns don't have seam allowances, but some do. Just check first if you plan on using any of their patterns. Patterns can be really expensive so it's great to have free ones :iconbiggrin: :iconbiggrin:
Sarah.x

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Great stuff, Sarah. They'll see you coming for miles with that top one! :thumbright:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

chickenchargrill
Living the good life
Living the good life

Keaniebean wrote:Here is a link to some free patterns from Burda, for anyone who fancies having a go. :iconbiggrin:

http://www.burdastyle.com/patterns?free=1&most_recent=1

Beware though, LOTS of their patterns don't have seam allowances, but some do. Just check first if you plan on using any of their patterns. Patterns can be really expensive so it's great to have free ones :iconbiggrin: :iconbiggrin:
Oh, oh, pattern for rockabilly dress... love it, but do I dare....?

*waits for the boy to stop eating so I can go find old sheets*