Bought a mooncup!!

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
JulieSherris
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Bought a mooncup!!

Yep, I'd say that if you can use a tampon, then using a mooncup shouldn't be a problem at all.

My only regret is that it wasn't around years ago!
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

growingthings
Living the good life
Living the good life

I've never owned one, as I have problems with interrupted flow if I wear any protection that is inserted. But a couple of my friends have and they are constantly bowled over by how great they are.

I wish I could try one, but it would be a bit of an investment to then not use it I think, and besides I get on with my washable pads so well it doesn't really worry me..

Incidentally I made my own, I can't exactly remember where I got the pattern from but there are lots of great links on the Womens Environmental Network site. Many of which are highly appropriate to this thread. www.wen.org.uk

Lorna x

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

I'm now over a year into using mine (I think) and I still love the thing.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

misty44
Tom Good
Tom Good

I ordered my first moon cup last week after all the positive comments on this site. Can't wait to try it out.

Misty

JulieSherris

I was congratulating myself last week on the fact that I haven't had a period since December, oh, apart from about an hour one day in February! And how easy all this menopause stuff was going...... Eldest daughter was making jibes about beards and deep voices & the like & asked if every menopausal woman had to go onto HRT.

Well, I told her that beards & moustaches weren't a problem as long as I never put my glasses on when I look in the mirror & if I carry on like this, then HRT won't be needed either - yay me!! :cheers:

Then yesterday morning - panic!! I came on & for the first time in 4 years, I couldn't find my mooncup - oh goodness, I was nearly crying.... took me about 40 minutes & finally found it in the first place I looked :lol:
I had almost forgotten just how much I loved it !
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

Mr and Mrs luvpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

gah finally had to find it this week, after 25 months i think and i just couldn't get it comfy, it didn't help it being the period from hell, i think the whole 25 months worth came in the first few days :( so i will try again next month and see if i can get comfy properly, i had the no weeing problem too so obviously not got it sat just right
the ever growing luvpie household currently contains, 4 boys, 4 chickens, 2 cats, 2 rabbits, 4 fish, an empty tropical fish tank waiting new arrivals, now are we daft to look at our broody hen thinking, if we got some fertilised eggs........

misty44
Tom Good
Tom Good

Used my mooncup for the first time today. I can't believe how comfortable it is. I can't even feel it.
It took a couple of goes to get it in the right place but after that, easy.

Misty

Helsbells

Yey, well done Misty, you will never look back.

sarahturner
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
latitude: 53.7333
longitude: -2.4000

I too bought one after what I'd been reading on here. I had looked into them a few years ago and never made the move. But having used it for the first time last month I don't think I'll be going back. :flower:

misty44
Tom Good
Tom Good

Re: Bought a mooncup!

Three days and I can't get over how much better an experience this has been than with other methods. No leaking, no sticky mess etc.
I won't go back to previous products and every woman I know will be getting one for birthday/Christmas.
Why doesn't every woman know about this product?

green_pea
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I agree with everyone above, they are quite possibly the best thing I have ever laid my hands on! I feel sorry for the many many people I've tried to convert but think they are too 'icky' to try- they're a life saver, never leak, and so comfy.