Tree peonies

Another section by popular demand. If you want to talk about anything else that grows that is not livestock, herbs, fruit or vegetables here it goes.
prison break fan
A selfsufficientish Regular

Tree peonies

Has anyone grown a tree peony from seed? I have been given some and would like to try them. Have googled it and It all sounds very complicated, so just thought I'd ask here!! pbf.

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tree peonies

I haven't grown them from seed (at least I don't remember doing so) but I dug all of our tree peonies out last year. They're a pain in the bum. You get a month of beautiful flowers and for the other 11 months they're just big, straggly and ugly. In my opinion, of course.

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

oldjerry

Trying to remember back to when I worked once a week at a big private garden west of Penzance,they grew well(yep and huge) but as I recall they were propagated vegetively and not from seed,which suggests your project may not be so easy.Got a feeling they may well be pretty poisonous too..anyhow,BWs!

red

we had some self seed from one next door.. so it must be possible

i love my tree peonies.. but.. no idea how to propagate them.
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog