Record for unfinished craft stuff??

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
battybird
A selfsufficientish Regular

Record for unfinished craft stuff??

Inspired by a thread about lovely quilts made by ishers...I went and found that quilt I started, and realised it was back in 1980 :roll: I keep putting it back in the cupboard and it is really pretty. It was intended to go on my sons cot but he is 30 yrs and 6ft 5" now so I guess it wont fit anymore :iconbiggrin: Is this a record for "not finishing" ?? I feel quite ashamed of myself :silent:
The cockerel makes the noise, the hen produces the goods!! anon

niknik
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Record for unfinished craft stuff??

well....................
I do still have somewhere., a skirt I started making in the mid 70s :oops: :oops:
sewing never was my strong point!

But I also have absolutely STACKS of various stuff accumulated over the years for various "projects" that just never got done!
Could probably open a shop with it all!

I do DO crafts,. just nowhere near as much as I intend, not that I´d have the time for ll the various projects I´d purchased for!

Luckily, I never had enough spare cash to invest in any expensive equipment ( kilns, polishers etc.........) but then again, maybe with a hefty investment I might have gotten around to using these a fair bit.who knows!

Big Al

Not at all a record, sadly for I feel I should lay claim to that. I started a crocheted blanket when i was 7 and I found it again still with the hook in the ball of wool and i'm 50 this year....... maybe i'll finish it before my death.
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

MuddyWitch
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

Is it shroud shaped then, Big Al? :lol: :lol: :lol:

When my Aunt taught me how to patchwork, she showed me the quilt she'd made for her 'bottom drawer', that had taken her twelve years. Being a cocky preteen (I was about 9, I think) & thinking twelve years was in fact a lifetime, I KNEW mine wouldn't take so long. Needless to say it's still unfinished!

In my Aunt's defence, she made hers during the war with all the rationing. She gave it to me as a 21st present. One of my most cherished items.

MW
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!

JillStephens7
Living the good life
Living the good life

Hmmm ... there's the cherries tapestry I started about 26 years ago age about seven, for a pincushion (honestly, attention span of a gnat) :roll: ...

... the shirt pattern I cut out a mere seventeen years ago intending to make me smart for my first 'job' or rather work experience ...

... The feet of a hedgehog I knitted about six years ago, just waiting for a body! ...

... or the first few rows of about six scarves (I attempt a scarf every few years these date from the mid eighties onwards). I should have given up when I couldn't finish one for a doll :dontknow:

Nice to see I'm not the only one :sunny:

Happily distracted, Jill

battybird

JillStephens7 wrote:Hmmm ... there's the cherries tapestry I started about 26 years ago age about seven, for a pincushion (honestly, attention span of a gnat) :roll:... the shirt pattern I cut out a mere seventeen years ago intending to make me smart for my first 'job' or rather work experience ...
... Happily distracted, ... Jill
Ok, so I am old as well as lazy :lol: :lol:
And nowJill has reminded me that some of the patches were made from a dress I cut out but never finished when I was at school...makes it even worse add another 14 year to the record :oops: looks like the mid 70's was the time to start projects which would not be finished!!
The cockerel makes the noise, the hen produces the goods!! anon

JillStephens7
Living the good life
Living the good life

Happy to help :iconbiggrin:

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

I can't beat 1980, but my mum gave me some fabric which she'd bought in 1985 to make into cute, wintery clothes for me as a 3 year old lass.....It had een shoved in a box, forgotten about and moved house with use twice before she gave it to me and I made this...

http://www.selfsufficientish.com/forum/ ... 38&t=21392
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

mitcham clay
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

umm...yup, found some half finished patchwork the other day, got brave and sorted it into another bag, taking the 'extra' bits to the charity. The baby it was for is now 24. At this rate it'll be...... well, after yours is done I guess!

fruitcake
Living the good life
Living the good life

wow, those records will take some beating - I'm just really chuffed cos I've just finished a cross stitch that I started for my mum's 70th birthday - she turned 78 two months ago......
Am taking it to get framed today. The worrying thing is it is part of a set of three and I'd quite like to do the other two (I've not bought the stuff for them yet) but I'm not sure I want to take 17 years to finish them, lol

Millymollymandy

I just want to get the chunky jumper finished that I started last winter but with the lighter evenings and so much to do outside I don't think it will get done until next winter now. It's just the neck and the sewing up that's left which is the horrid bit. :roll: :(

When I got back into knitting again last winter I finally undid all those unfinished projects that had been sitting there for up to 20 years. I decided the Wham style baggy short jumper look was not for me now. :lol:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Susie

I can't finish cross stitch. I've got an unfinished cross stitch hanging about that just says, Bite Me. I don't know what I thought I was going to do with it. And if I can't finish a cross stitch that's just two (short) words I don't think there's any hope for me :-(.
blog
shop
that's it ;-)