chinese recipes

You all seem to be such proficient chefs. Well here is a place to share some of that cooking knowledge. Or do you have a cooking problem? Ask away. Jams and chutneys go here too.
Shirleymouse
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: 52.5
longitude: -1.9

Re: chinese recipes

I have developed my own stir-fry sauce, it doesn't have a name. The main ingredients are lots of fresh ginger, 5 spice powder and soy sauce which I blitz in the mini-blender. I then add either lemon or lime juice depending on what we happen to have then taste it. If it is too sharp I add a bit of sherry or honey. I have also added fresh chilli or garlic which are both nice.
it works well as a marinade for tofu (or I expect meat) with the rest chucked into the wok after everthing has cooked and allowed to heat through. It is never the same twice but always good.
I got a really good Asian recipe book for xmas last year (I think it is called Homestyles Asian) and there are some lovely Chinese, Thai and Japanse recipes in there. I would recommend it.

I would like to know how to make sesame prawn toasts. Those and prawn crackers are the only thing I make a slight "vegetarian exception" for which is weird because I don't like prawns!!