Bought a mooncup!!

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
witchywoo
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: Bought a mooncup!!

Green Aura wrote:
witchywoo wrote:i read on another forum about a lady who got her stuck,as it went in to far!
She was either anatomically deformed or stupid!

It can't go in too far, just put it in as far as is comfortable. If it feels difficult to remove it's because it can form a bit of a vacuum - just give it a gentle squeeze to break let some air in and it will come out without any problem.

i did think it terribly strange tht she "lost" hers inside..i men were can it go ....... :dontknow: :shock:
many thanks for everyones replies though..feel much more brave again now lol xxx

Rosendula
A selfsufficientish Regular

Helsbells wrote:Oooooh I am so glad this thread has come up again,
I am so so pleased I bought a moon cup, it has changed periods forever!
I just have one small problem, when I go for a wee, if I am squatting like in a public toilet, I find it really hard to pee, I can't push it out, I just have to sort of let it drain! Sorry to sound gross, it is like the moon cup paralyses some of my muscles, does any one else have this strange experience?
It's only happened to me a couple of times Helen. I thought I needed a wee but nothing came out, then when I took the cup out to empty it, out came the wee as well. :lol: So yes, I have had that, but not usually. Perhaps you just need to adjust the position slightly, or maybe remove it before trying to wee.
Rosey xx

witchywoo
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

its here!!!! my mooncup arrived today,and its in! wasnt as difficult as i thought..so fingers crossed as to how we go ,im expecting a few set backs till i get the hang but so far im pleased!! :cheers: :iconbiggrin: xxxxx many thanks for everyones replies! xxx

Keaniebean

Good luck with it witchywoo, I bought one a year or so ago, having found out about it on here, but I just never got on with it. I was always just aware of it being there and it felt like it was going to fall out :shock: .
I always have this bruised sensation down under for the first couple of days of any period which has made inserting anything difficult and uncomfortable.
I use washable pads now instead which I bought from the link below,
http://www.minkinappies.co.uk/index.php ... c52684e274

so there are always other options if you find it doesn't work out.
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

witchywoo
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

ladies...we have success!! my first day with the mooncup has been wonderful and all i can say is......why didnt i do it sooner!! ..and..why dont all the women of the world use one?..its so much better than any sanitary protection ive used ! :cheers: :sunny: ..i will be frequenting this site a lot i feel... :iconbiggrin:

many thanks and have a lovely christmas everyone! :santa: :grouphug: xxx

witchywoo
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

hello all! :wave: ,,hope everyone is fine! my first month with my moon cup is over, and for the FIRST TIME EVER in my life im actually looking forward to my next one!..was totally wonderful and i felt so more natural using it and im not littering up the world!
women of the world..try the mooncup! lol :grouphug: :cheers:
xxxxxxxxxx

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Excellent news, I knew you'd like it.

Helen, if you're having trouble in public loos just make sure you have a little bottle of water with you. You can take it out, do what you have to do and give it a quick rinse before re-inserting.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

skiesabove
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
latitude: 65.84731
longitude: 22.67157

I love my cup =)!

Another tip for public loos without sinks is pee on it! Your own pee is pretty sterile and not at all dangerous to use for cleaning it.

Helsbells

It's not the cleaning I have a problem with!! It's the peeing!! Sounds bizarre I know but I find it really hard to pee whilst squatting with the moon cup in!

Mr and Mrs luvpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

is it wrong to say that i miss mine? Dylan turned 1 just before christmas and still feeds like a starving baby through the night so mine hasn't been in use for 21 months, don't get me wrong 21 months of no periods have been fantastic, i just worry i won't be able to find it when time cmes :D
the ever growing luvpie household currently contains, 4 boys, 4 chickens, 2 cats, 2 rabbits, 4 fish, an empty tropical fish tank waiting new arrivals, now are we daft to look at our broody hen thinking, if we got some fertilised eggs........

sleepyowl

I'm trying to convince some of the women at work about trying them but they seam a little squeamish plus because I'm male they think I don't understand about periods or methods of relieving PMS. All the women I know who have one swear by them & have so far not met anyone who has not found them infinitely better than the alternative
Organiser of the Rainbow Moot for LGBT Pagans in the West Midlands
http://robstacey.blogspot.co.uk/

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Helsbells wrote:It's not the cleaning I have a problem with!! It's the peeing!! Sounds bizarre I know but I find it really hard to pee whilst squatting with the moon cup in!
Yes, I understand that - hence my suggestion to remove it! But do you really want to use it without at least a rinse? Maybe I didn't make my point clear. :(
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

JulieSherris

Sometimes I have problems peeing with it in as well!
My bladder is notorious for being quite over active (hey, I'm an Aquarian, I AM the water bearer!) so if I've been for a wee 20 mins beforehand, I know my cup won't need emptying - and then I sit on the loo, feel like I'm having a wee, but nothing comes out - then take the cup out & niagra falls follows!

I think that sometimes, the cuff of the cup must just sit pressing on the bladder pipe in the wrong place every now & again?

As for public loos - I just give mine a quick wipe with a tissue & make sure it gets a good rinse at the next available convenient time.

But I'm still really glad I have one!!
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

elm
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hello! :wave:

I've been considering purchasing a Mooncup for a few years now, but have reservations as I have Endometriosis. Does anyone know if this can cause any problems?

Also, I sometimes get the weird problems with weeing when I'm wearing a tampon. As soon as I remove it, I'm able to go again. Very odd...

fifi folle
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I have endo too, not got a mooncup yet (pregnant at the mo) the only issue I can think of is if you have pain on intercourse, but if you can wear a tampon I doubt you'll have a problem with a mooncup. And as Keaniebean suggested if you do have problems you could switch to reusable pads (you can even make your own if you can sew!)