Frugal Birthday Bag

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
Keaniebean
A selfsufficientish Regular

Frugal Birthday Bag

Some time ago I was given some lovely fabric from Susie. It had a really cool jungle print on it and I had put it away for 'something' which at the time I couldn't think of. it was the Wee Man's 4th birthday yesterday and I remembered the fabric and came up with this cute little bag for him. The strap was from an old school bag of my daughters and the yellow binding was left over from another project.

This is the inside of the bag which I cut up an old sarong for, I can't see me wearing it again as it hasn't fitted me since 1996! :lol:

A lady who reads my blog suggested I find some jungle themed bits to put in it for him, so I scoured the charity shops and came home with this bundle. All For just over £7.

And one of the little man himself, :iconbiggrin: :iconbiggrin: :iconbiggrin:

Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re: Frugal Birthday Bag

I love that bag, Sarah. Fabulous. your little man looks like he likes his present too! :cheers: (And happy birthday to him :hugish: )
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Susie

Isn't that fabulous! I can't think of a better use for that fabric, it's great how it's come out. And look at his expression, bless him :mrgreen: .

OT I used to love animal bars. I didn't know they still made them, I will keep a look out!
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

Keaniebean

:lol: :lol: He loved his little pressie, but was most interested in the chocolate, typical :iconbiggrin:

Thanks Green Aura.
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

Milims

Mrs Flibble better watch out - it seems she has competition! :wink: :iconbiggrin: Well done!
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Millymollymandy

Yes she'd better! That's really lovely and you are so clever! :thumbright: :salute: :salute:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

bonniethomas06

Gorgeous, you ingenious thing you. I really think you need a website and online shop, or etsy shop. You would make a fortune!

P.s how did the starry quilt go down with your parents at xmas?
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

Jerseymum
Tom Good
Tom Good

Fantastic!
How do you live your life when there's nobody watching?

snapdragon
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

Super! :thumbright: what a lovely fabric too - I always found it difficult to find 'boy' fabrics and that one is great.
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6:

Keaniebean

bonniethomas06 wrote:Gorgeous, you ingenious thing you. I really think you need a website and online shop, or etsy shop. You would make a fortune!

P.s how did the starry quilt go down with your parents at xmas?
:lol: :lol: They loved it allthough I was given a strange look. Then they handed me a box and in it was a lovely quilt my mum had made for me :lol: .

There is a picture of it on the other thread I think.

Thanks for all your kind comments, it is my intention to start up an Etsy shop by the end of this year :iconbiggrin:
Sarah.x

yvette
Living the good life
Living the good life

This is a great bag and a great idea. I am trying to think how I could adapt it for my OH, whose birthday is next week - I am knitting him a jumper, but would like something unexpected for him to open on the day - but of course don't have any money!