Help in pricing for craft fair....pleeeeeaaaase!

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
zaxdog
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Help in pricing for craft fair....pleeeeeaaaase!

Hi All,

I have made some lap blankets, cot/pram blankets and a throw for our local craft fair, also some bags (small 6"x5" and medium sized 8"x10" and all have shoulder straps). All are made by crochet and I'd welcome any thoughts on prices as I am really stuck!

Thanks in advance :hugish:

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re: Help in pricing for craft fair....pleeeeeaaaase!

Difficult to say without being able to see them. It depends on the materials, the intricacy of the pattern etc. Any chance of a look?
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

zaxdog
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I am rubbish at up loading pics. They are of good quality wool and while the basic design is fairly simple they are attractively decorated with oversewn felt hearts/crochet flowers etc! I'm scouting floksy.com and etsy.com for ideas too!

yvette
Living the good life
Living the good life

I know that many people underprice their craft work. You need to take into account your time, the cost of the materials and any other overheads and then add a percentage for profit - one of my books recommends 50%. On the other hand, you could price yourself out of the market, so its partly about what the local market will bear.
My experience is that presentation is really important - make your stall look really lovely, and try to have a varied appearance e.g. goods at different heights. You could also stress the quality of the materials and that the things were all designed and made by you - maybe no two are the same?
Wishing you lots of luck and hope you enjoy it.

boboff
A selfsufficientish Regular

zaxdog wrote:Hi All,

I have made some lap blankets, cot/pram blankets and a throw for our local craft fair, also some bags (small 6"x5" and medium sized 8"x10" and all have shoulder straps). All are made by crochet and I'd welcome any thoughts on prices as I am really stuck!

Thanks in advance :hugish:
Well I would agree with all the other posts.

My guess would be £15 - £20 for the blankets £30 for the throw, £8 and £12 for the bags.

Not sure if that is in any way reflective of your needs, but it's a start.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

bonniethomas06

Where abouts in the country are you Zaxdog? I think that is a big factor - in Bath, just down the road from here for example, people would pay £75 for a throw and probably £45 for a blanket.

Whereas the city centre market would be half that. I notice that Toast (snooty clothes shop if you don't know of it, not sure it is nationwide) are selling a crochet throw for £100.
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com