Ladies: Spatial awareness problems pre-period?!

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
JillStephens7
Living the good life
Living the good life

Ladies: Spatial awareness problems pre-period?!

Hello, after tearing myself away from the settee watching monarch of the glen I have just reversed my car into the wheelie bin. If hubby was here he would have realised by now that my period is due :roll:

Why at this time every month do I crash around the place like a 'baby rhinocerous', covering myself with bruises and find driving really difficult?! :dontknow:

Is there a PMS spatial awareness link? Can I do anything to improve my spatial awareness at this time?
I need to drive people, we need food!

:pirate:

bonniethomas06
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Ladies: Spatial awareness problems pre-period?!

Yes, me too!

My thing is that I walk down the perfectly adequately wide corridors at work and bash the fire extinguishers with my backside as I walk past.

It only ever happens at certain points in the month... and it makes a hell of crashing noise, much to the amusement of my colleagues.

And I regularly miss my mouth with the diet coke can, literally pouring diet coke down my (usually white) shirt.

I don't think there is a cure for it though - perhaps the menopause!?
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

dragonoak
Tom Good
Tom Good

Mines more along the lines of depth perception, at certain 'times' I start slamming my coffee cups down onto tables, I've broken so many glasses and cups through this. I also tend to hit my nose with cups, for some reason my mouth seems to be an inch lower during t hese times :lol: I always thought it was just me being a numpty!

bonniethomas06

JillStephens7 wrote:Hello, after tearing myself away from the settee watching monarch of the glen I have just reversed my car into the wheelie bin.
Sorry Jill, after re-reading your post and clocking the MOTG reference, I think I see the issue: you were clearly still baffled by Archie's lairdy loveliness and Duncan's delightful legs.

It does that to a woman. Speaking as someone who is currently catching up on the whole lot - I have a nasty burn on my right hand where I practically left it in the logburner while refilling during a particularly good bit!
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

Jerseymum
Tom Good
Tom Good

Have had this problem since i started puberty and it got worse in the first trimester of pg, too. Hubby can tell when my period is due by counting the bruises on my hips from bashing tables and counter tops.
sarah
How do you live your life when there's nobody watching?

jampot
Living the good life
Living the good life

oh thank god im not the only one woman rhino herd then !!! :lol: i literately walk into walls sometimes, knock things over or off the table trip up on flat surfaces ....i could go on.
lol i also do the nose bumping thing dragonoak or i just throw my cup of tea all over myself haha my sister calls it tourettes hands (like jazz hands but beyond my control :roll: )
AAARRGHH its behind you!!!

Ellendra

I haven't notice the spatial awareness thing, although come to think of it I have had my "clumsy days", I just hadn't connected them.

For me though, all those chronic health problems which therapy has gotten under control, they all relapse when it's "that time". Which is why I've had to proofread this 4 times to find all the typos.

dragonoak
Tom Good
Tom Good

Jampot, I've poked my OH in the eye a few time with those "random twitches"... you know, trying to take a dog hair off his eyelashes and POKEY!!! My mother used to call me "The Fairy Elephant" during puberty, it's only years later I fully understand :lol:

bonniethomas06

dragonoak wrote:Jampot, I've poked my OH in the eye a few time with those "random twitches"... you know, trying to take a dog hair off his eyelashes and POKEY!!! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

My blog...

TheGoodEarth
Living the good life
Living the good life

Ah... so now I know why it is women have this trouble. I have seriously wondered for years why women don't seem to have full control of their movements. In fact one of my wife's friends once accidently felt my 'you know what' when attempting to touch me on the arm! :shock: Now I know why! Also I didn't compain too much! :iconbiggrin:

Don't you ladies also suffer from 'day dreaming syndrome' at the same time? The best example of this is when you queue for 5 minutes at a till and then when asked for money you THEN start opening your handbag and routing around for your purse. It drives me nuts! :banghead:
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery

Millymollymandy

I thought I was a klutz all the time, now I will have to see whether it is related to my period or not! Get tons of bruises too. And I have no sense of balance whatsoever and cannot walk down stairs without holding on to a bannister. But I think this is just me. :lol:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

JillStephens7
Living the good life
Living the good life

Not just me then :lol:

I don't know how that helps but somehow it does :hugish:

Bonnie, alas Archie's lairdy-loveliness had nothing to do with it as he wasn't even in that episode having been replaced by some inferior numpty whose name I can't even remember & who looked like he'd just walked off the set of a DIY show. I didn't know there was MOTG without Archie AND his mum wasn't in it OR his girlfriend. I was not a happy bunny ... :dontknow:

Jessiebean
Living the good life
Living the good life

Oh dear. I walk into doorframes. Really hard. Don't get me started on my dancing classes if they fall at the wrong time. I stare at the teacher thinking to myself, "you want me to do what?? I thought I did well getting up the stairs!". Glad Iam not the only one but unfortunate for us all. Also calls the whole evolution theory frurther into question.
"Never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense.”

my blog: http://thedullroarphilosophy.blogspot.com/

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Jessiebean wrote:Don't get me started on my dancing classes if they fall at the wrong time. I stare at the teacher thinking to myself, "you want me to do what?? I thought I did well getting up the stairs!".
Me too - I used to dance a lot with my ex and he could always tell when I was due. I couldn't spin at all. A day or two later and I was back to spinning like a top.

Zoe

Keaniebean

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This thread is hilarious, I can't stop laughing. I'm laughing because it's all true. My spacial awareness becomes scarily amiss when I'm due. It's terrifying, I'll be driving round the roads with my knuckles turning white where I'm desperately clinging to the steering wheel :shock: .
What's worse is that it's not like this would actually help me steer any better :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.