Grumpy old man

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Touchwood
Tom Good
Tom Good

Re: Grumpy old man

Drivers that display stickers telling everyone else to "take care" ie; horse in transit, child on board etc yet who drive around with a phone stuck to their ear :angryfire: :angryfire:

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just HAD to revive this thread ...
If the average height of the northern European population is about 6 foot, why do cheap greenhouses and sheds have FIVE foot doors ?
Yeah you guessed it, I have a cheapo aluminium greenhouse and the amount of times I hit my bl**$** head is beyond belief.
I realise it's all economics and would probably add £2/7/6d * to the price, but for once it would be nice if 'elf & safety did something useful for a change.

* Well it IS quite an old head I keep bashing. :lol:
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

Touchwood
Tom Good
Tom Good

:lol: :lol: :lol:

oldfella
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 44.564
longitude: 0.959

I've got a "A Grumpy Old man Driving" sticker. :iconbiggrin: :iconbiggrin:
I can't do great things, so I do little things with love.

crowsashes

the people who use the "baby on board" signs are probably just ensuring their 'right' to park in parent and toddler spaces - like the car seat and the Juggernaut of a pram you just bashed me with really didnt quiet emphasise the fact YOU HAVE A CHILD! :angryfire:

sorry but i am a parent but i dont go 'wahey i managed to procreate' at people

Gem
Living the good life
Living the good life

Lol these posts really tickled me :lol:

Stonehead

Our boys want me to get some stickers made for the Land Rover—with a pic of one of our pigs holding a steering wheel and the words "Yes, it's a 4x4 with a Fat Pig on board". I'm tempted.

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

richierobins wrote:While we are on the subject of "Child On Board" notices, what is the point of them? Do people really imagine that I would recklessly drive into them had they not warned me? I want to remain in one piece no matter what the age of their passenger.
I always assumed they were a warning. 'Better keep out of my way cos I shall be so busy shouting at the kid in the back, or breaking up an argument or picking up the bottle of juice my little darling has just slung under the brake peddle, to notice that I'm about to run into the back of you.'

kit-e-kate
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Apparently the oh-so-annoying "baby-on-board" signs are there as a notification for rescue teams in the event of an accident. The theory being that in the event of an extremely abrupt stop (into the back of a lorry for example) Junior could slide under the seats in front and remain undiscovered.

Sounds like a load of high grade organic fertiliser to me, i suspect it's just another way of getting anxious parents to part with their hard earned cash! Anyway, the ones that say "Grandchild on board" or "princess on board" are unforgivable on several counts of violation of taste and decency, and displaying one should immediatle nullify the drivers insurance. That'd teach them.

Rant over....for now....Trying hard not to think about parent and child parking spaces in supermarkets...Another of my pet hates...Grrr.

:icon_smile:

Millymollymandy

Ha! talking of which - the pregnant woman quick till - sorry but if you are able to push a bloody great loaded to the gills trolley around (I can't as they always go off in the wrong direction and I am a danger to people) then you are perfectly able to wait in the blooming queue like everyone else. And when you haven't even got a bump showing, how do we even know you're pregnant? Grump grump. :iconbiggrin:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

battybird

I think we should suggest an over 50's checkout for grumpy "mature" people so we can all complain to each other in the queue!! At least it would pass the time and my time is as precious as anyone elses!! :iconbiggrin:
The cockerel makes the noise, the hen produces the goods!! anon

crowsashes

kit-e-kate wrote:Apparently the oh-so-annoying "baby-on-board" signs are there as a notification for rescue teams in the event of an accident. The theory being that in the event of an extremely abrupt stop (into the back of a lorry for example) Junior could slide under the seats in front and remain undiscovered.
i think the oversize, Ferrari branded, ridiculously overpriced, but oh so safe Houdini proof carseat would give it away ....

Millymollymandy

ruth56 wrote:I think we should suggest an over 50's checkout for grumpy "mature" people so we can all complain to each other in the queue!! At least it would pass the time and my time is as precious as anyone elses!! :iconbiggrin:
I thought that's what 'old' people did anyway. :iconbiggrin: I'm still waiting to be really old then I can barge in front and annoy young people. :lol:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Touchwood
Tom Good
Tom Good

ruth56 wrote:I think we should suggest an over 50's checkout for grumpy "mature" people so we can all complain to each other in the queue!! At least it would pass the time and my time is as precious as anyone elses!! :iconbiggrin:
:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Millymollymandy wrote:I'm still waiting to be really old then I can barge in front and annoy young people. :lol:
I was accused of that a few months ago, some young mother was dithering as to which checkout was to her liking.
She loudly muttered that it seems that chivalry is dead.

I wish I had had the courage to advise her that if you have female equality then chivalry obviously must have died .. can't have both, but I think I need to be a tad older for that and get away with it. :iconbiggrin:
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.