Are you going to a festival this year?

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
happyhippy
A selfsufficientish Regular

Are you going to a festival this year?

Hi all,just wondering if anyone is venturing to a festival this year,and if so which one?I might go to Womad again.We went the year before and had a great time.Please share xx

citizentwiglet

Re: Are you going to a festival this year?

Sadly not......I'm at that awkward stage where I have one child out of nappies, and one child still in them (they are 4 and 19 months) and, given my experience of festival toilets I think I should have taken them when they were both STILL in nappies! Plus they are dreadful wanderers, so I think we'll leave it a few years before our next festival. I really do have festival fever though, and I'd love to take them, but I'm not the Earth Mother I would like to be and the thought of spending the whole time in toilet queues with the eldest, and chasing them both around a field full of other people (who, of course, are all FAR more interesting than mummy and daddy) fills me with dread.

We're taking them both camping though - at the end of this month we are going to descend on a 'proper' holiday park alongside my posher sister (in caravan) and parents (in static) so at least that'll give me an indication of how well they like it. The eldest has been camping before and loved it (but then, he wasn't trekking across a field to pee in the middle of the night), it'll be the youngest's first experience. If all goes well, we're going to take them wild camping in August. Then - who knows? We might be festival goers again by next year.....perhaps!
I took my dog to play frisbee. She was useless. I think I need a flatter dog.

http://reflectionsinraindrops.wordpress.com - My blog
http://www.bothwellscarecrowfestival.co.uk - Scarecrow Festival
http://bothwellcommunitygarden.wordpress.com - Community Garden

becks77

No we're not either even though there are quite a few locally..ish, simply cant afford it with 3 adults and 2 teenagers, was wondering how others manage?
"no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission"

MEL78
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Taking the kids to their first festival this year ..going to The Wickerman.....can't wait..just hope the kids enjoy it.....

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Loopallu - we bought the tickets then realised the line-up they were "advertising was last years :oops: :roll: :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Kezz
Tom Good
Tom Good

I might be going to the pagan federation summer camp: http://www.myddle-earth.info/2010/01/su ... -2020.html

Not really a festival, not a big one anyway.

cooltrikerchick
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

We have cut right back on the bike rallies and festivals, to try and save money, but we never miss the Bulldog Bash, in stratfor-upon-avon.... as this is one of the best ones we have ever gone to..

we used to go on the bike with all our camping stuff for the 4 days, but last year we decided to take the caravan, flip we felt like we were in a 5 star hotel compared to the previous years.... being in a tent, with all our bike gear, and if its raining its no joke....especially as you get older.....

So Bulldogs Bash here we come.....party on down.....

here's some info on it

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Bulldog-Bas ... iker-Rally

growingthings
Living the good life
Living the good life

I'll be working Stainsby Folk Festival this year (which is in Derbyshire), it's v. wee but has such a great atmosphere.

If any Ishers are there, I'll be one of three mad ladies larking about putting on puppet shows for the kids! :flower:

Lorna xx

snapdragon
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

I'll be going to a few small bike rallies - not the Bulldog bash though, I like to know where I am and who I'm with.
@Cooltrikerchick - wasn't you that did the charity trike ride to the BB was it? a few years back.
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6:

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

I went to the first Stainsby folk festival back in the seventies! I lived a few miles down the road, just outside Chesterfield. and as youngish teenagers our parents were OK with us going and camping fairly close to home.

I loved it and agree absolutely the atmosphere and friendliness was amazing. I think that it's small helps keep that.

Must have a look who's playing.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

phil55494
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Me and t'other half will be off to Beautiful Days in august again. We've both enjoyed it for the last 5 years so why not go again :icon_smile:
We did think about Latitude but by the time we made our mind up, they were sold out.
Womad is nice, but after the horror of womud the first year they moved to Charlton Park, we'd need to know they have the site drainage issues sorted!

Need to work out if we can fit in a camping trip or few over the summer as well.

TheGoodEarth
Living the good life
Living the good life

Will be heading down to Glastonbury in a couple of weeks time and have fingers and toes crossed for decent weather!
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery

kit-e-kate
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

We're off to Rockness this weekend! Can't wait! It's the first time we've ever been to anything like that without having to work! Woo-hoo! Beer at lunchtime, here we come! : )

bean gardenin'
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

We are off to Glasto for the first time, wellies at the ready!

Mr and Mrs luvpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

phil55494 wrote:Me and t'other half will be off to Beautiful Days in august again. We've both enjoyed it for the last 5 years so why not go again :icon_smile:
We did think about Latitude but by the time we made our mind up, they were sold out.
Womad is nice, but after the horror of womud the first year they moved to Charlton Park, we'd need to know they have the site drainage issues sorted!

Need to work out if we can fit in a camping trip or few over the summer as well.
we'll be there, running after the kids, mainly to make sure we get to the beer tent before them :drunken: it's our 5 th year as well, can't say how much I love this festival especially for the boys!
the ever growing luvpie household currently contains, 4 boys, 4 chickens, 2 cats, 2 rabbits, 4 fish, an empty tropical fish tank waiting new arrivals, now are we daft to look at our broody hen thinking, if we got some fertilised eggs........