101 uses for a toilet tube insert

101 Uses For is popular and let's hope it stays that way. Our second book is presently called 101 tips for self sufficiency; we will certainly dip into this section for ideas. So post away and let's try and get at least one thread up to 101.
Thomzo
A selfsufficientish Regular
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Re: 101 uses for a toilet tube insert

Paint or cover with pretty paper. Glue to a piece of cardboard and make a desk tidy. You can cut them to different lengths. It helps if you cut little slots around the base and splay them out to stick them down onto the card.

Stuff them with newspaper and use as firelighters.

Cut into short lengths and decorate to make little bangles for little hands. You may have to slit them open to get them round the wrist, us a bit of elastic or ribbon to keep them on.

Use to cover delicate table legs from nasty cat claws.

Zoe

indy
Living the good life
Living the good life

Giving them to my 16 week old sprocker puppy who then gallops round the house with them stuck on his nose, wondering why he's bashing into everything..he just keeps coming back for more... think is funnier when you see it :lol:
Sing like nobody's listening, live like there's no tomorrow, dance like nobody's watching and love like you've never been hurt.

Rosendula

Thanks for the ideas. It's rather wet outside today so I think it may be a day of crafts with LO. Looking forward to giving some of the ideas a go.
Rosey xx

mamos
Living the good life
Living the good life

I did hear somewhere that they had banned the use of toilet roll tubes for use in school craft lessons on hygiene grounds. If it is true, how sad.

I could be a urban myth

mamos
If you are interested in Self Reliance, Frugal Living, Gardening and becoming Debt Free, follow my Blog Tiny Allotment

JillStephens7
Living the good life
Living the good life

We use MOUNDS of them at the school I work at. Mostly the kids just use them for their own 'building projects' (mostly I have no idea what the little ones are making, one of my favourites last week was a cereal box with some gummed paper stuck on it, when I asked the wee man what he was making he said 'a box of pies)!'

... we also made some father christmases this week: cardboard feet, a paper face, felt hat, brass paper fasteners for buttons, rolled up black tissue paper belt and lots of cotton wool, paint and glitter.

Someone cut a fringe on a few, painted and stacked them to make a nice tree for our christmas tree festival last week, they used pipecleaners for streamers.

x

crowsashes

going to steal the plant pot idea!

my son has a habit of peeling them apart and drawing on the bits :roll: he also uses them as a pretend mobile phone!

theabsinthefairy

Cut one roll into 6 thin circles - a steak knife is really good for this rather than scissors as these squish the tube.

Then I decorate them with wall paper, paper flowers, leaves, paint - anything I can get my hands on actually - to make individual napkin rings and name holders for the dinner table.

I know this sounds really posh - but come the winter here in rural France there is absolutely nothing to do except go around each other's house and eat and drink. (Think come dine with me - without the point scoring - but with people passing out on a sofa after a couple of litres of red wine). So we try out lots of recipes and all try to make a bit of table effort to beat the winter blues.
2010 is my year of projects - 365 days and 365 projects.

You can follow my progress on
absinthe fairy blog

my photos are avavilable here
absinthefairy

my shop is available here
mojaziemia

Evelyn J
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

My Aunte made me a whole tea set out of loo role tubes and cardboard box's when i was little.

I also use them as seedling pots, no need to bend the bottoms just stand them in seed trays, good thing is when it comes time to plant out you plant the whole thing tube and all, a lot less potential for seedlings to get damaged when planting.

Eve

Julysea
Tom Good
Tom Good

Make bats!

Cut around the bottom of the tube, just elaving little feet dangling. Cut around the top of the tube, just leaving little sticking up triangular ears. Colour or paint in black. Cut out black paper wings and stick on the back, then glue or paint on eyes at the front. Pierce a small hole at the back and hang from the ceiling using white thread, and it looks like they're flying.

We have 3 above our kitchen table!
Liz

JillStephens7
Living the good life
Living the good life

Julysea wrote:Make bats!
Ooh I like that :smilebox:

Gray

Mine are used for my Leeks, I pop one down the freshly dibbed hole it stops the soil falling in - never found out if I was doin the right thing but my leeks work out fine :?
They are three kinds of people in this world - 'the have's', 'the have not's' and the 'they have not paid for what they bloody have' - Gene Hunt

yvette
Living the good life
Living the good life

Cheap substitute for I am a dirty spammer, please let one of the moderators know about this post (think about it.....!).

yvette
Living the good life
Living the good life

ooops sorry, last post was not meant to be offensive! But I named a well-known drug for helping gentlemen out in the bedroom.
Hmmm, maybe not so funny after all....

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

yvette wrote:ooops sorry, last post was not meant to be offensive! But I named a well-known drug for helping gentlemen out in the bedroom.
Hmmm, maybe not so funny after all....
Ha Ha, there I was trying to think what you could use a loo roll insert for that would set off the spam detectors. :lol: :lol:

Zoe

ElizabethBinary
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

richierobins wrote:Fortunately, I don't need that sort of help yet, but, planning ahead, could you save some large paper towel inserts please?
Hello there. :love4:

:lol: :lol: