Chocolate and Beetroot Cake

You all seem to be such proficient chefs. Well here is a place to share some of that cooking knowledge. Or do you have a cooking problem? Ask away. Jams and chutneys go here too.
jumping bean
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Chocolate and Beetroot Cake

Just had to share with someone. Just made and ate my first ever Chocolate and Beetroot Cake, it was delicious! and 1 of your 5-A-Day. A good way of using up some of those beetroots. I've added the link incase anyone is interested.

http://www.lovebeetroot.co.uk/recipes/d ... ?ItemID=56

rockchick
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Re: Chocolate and Beetroot Cake

I love the sound of that! I bought a packet ages ago and never got round to sowing them so, the question is, if I sow my beetroot seeds now am I too late to get a crop?

Chicken6
Tom Good
Tom Good

rockchick wrote:I love the sound of that! I bought a packet ages ago and never got round to sowing them so, the question is, if I sow my beetroot seeds now am I too late to get a crop?
sow some now and sme more n two weeks i yo can offer som protection when the months get cooler you could even sow another lot.

wolfsong
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

sounds a bit like the courgette chocolate cake my step mother sprung on me in my (lesser) youth, incidentally, what's the name for courgette-phobia?
As I ping from tree to tree I wonder... why do I seem to have transformed into a pinging tree-dwelling thing?

ina
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

I'm sure we've had recipes for chocolate and beetroot cake on here before - I made several last year, always very successful, and nobody ever guessed there were beetroot in them!
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)