what are you sowing?

Anything to do with growing herbs and vegetables goes here.
starchild
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Re: what are you sowing?

Milims, you must celebrate your success - I've still planted NOTHING :roll:
Follow our family's progress as we work through our zero waste challenge:
http://myzerowaste.com/

For all aspects of greener living
http://littlegreenblog.com/

Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

There should be either a delete button or a button with a little X in it, near where the quote or edit buttons are. That will delete your post for you. Normally I just delete any double postings that I see but in this instance I'll leave it there as you asked a question about it.
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

bodrighy
Tom Good
Tom Good

We're lucky as we live in Cornwall and have a south facing conservatory. We have peppers, chilis, tomatoes, leeks, garlic, perpetual spinach, broad beans and runner beans sown. As we are guerrila gardening in our garden as opposed to beds we are staggering sowing to suit different areas.

Pete
Mistakes are serendipity in disguise

http://www.bodrighy.co.uk

complete catalogue Includes naff stuff as well

Ovalina
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Nothing sown yet - we're a month behind you all. But I am sorting out the polytun nel and planting artichokes, fruit bushes and raspberries.

Anyone in northern Scotland successfully grow any peppers, or chilli peppers? Mine germinate and grow away quite well, but never seem to grown big enough to ripen. :(

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

I read that peppers need a really long season - so sowing them a month earlier might help?

My polytunnel is still not up (bad weather) but my back widowledge is loaded with stuff ready to get moved in there, once its done.
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Ovalina

Think I got them going in March last year and still never managed to harvest any, maybe I should just grow them indoors.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Our chilli's just started sprouting again. The peppers were good but not plentiful - they were in the polytunnel. But our aubergines were useless - not a single one off 6 plants - 3 different varieties!
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

red

started sowing peas. sowed some more tomatoes to replace the ones a slug got at (slug in my propagator... well ...ex-slug now...), lettuce
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

Ovalina

I don't seem to have much luck with aubergines either. But I'm going to sow some chili peppers, salad leaf, leeks, herbs etc in a minute :flower:

kiwirach
Living the good life
Living the good life

besides the plug plants i've brought this year, i have sown 4 Amish Paste tomatoes, 2 melons and 2 cucumbers. need to check what to sow next....i'm trying not to have alot of one thing growing at the same time, so working on successional planting at the moment.

Mal
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I started my chillis about 3 weeks ago on the sunny sunny windowsill above the radiator in the conservatory - I've only had 3 out of 12 germinate so I'm a little disappointed :( . Still, undaunted I'm going to plant out the spare seeds I had this week and see what happens.

We had some purple and some red chillis last year after sowing in February - not loads and certainly not hot enough, so this year we've gone for the ones that were described as mind-blowingly hot with the vague hope that if we have a 'summer' like last year they might still have a little bite!
"If you want to catch a loon, you have to think like a loon"

Ovalina

That is something I've noticed with Habanero that we grew a couple of years ago - no heat - I think they need near equator temp to get them that hot. I try every year though but am wondering if it really is worth it.

red

beetroot, peas, woad
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

pumpy

Garlic (planted last December),looking good. Onion sets starting to show, shallots in, but nothing happening yet, peas starting to poke thro' the surface, P.S.B. broccling nicely now after looking like they were'nt going to do anything, caulies & cabbages in green house starting to shoot their 4th leaves & will be planted out in the next coupla weeks, parsnips,leeks, beetroot & spring onions being sown shortly, sweet peppers germinating(hopefully)in greenhouse, with toms & chilli peppers on the way soon. Not too long before spinach, various beans,swedes, squash & sprouts will be going in. We sorted thro' the chest freezer to-day & found several portions of p.s.b., courgettes, chillies & green beans, & we still have several onions from last year in a shed, along with some pickled beetroot.......... grow yer own?.....you bet!!!
it's either one or the other, or neither of the two.

Fizzy Izzy
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Herbs: Rosemary, parsley, mint and basil (nothing showing yet - I posted about the basil on another thread). I thought herbs were supposed to be easy to grow but it looks like I'm not having much luck!

Lettuces, radishes, tomatoes, peppers: all seedlings now - quite pleased the peppers are growing, as it wasn't bought seed, just seeds out of a pepper that we ate.

Mangetout: shooting up quite tall now and needs transplanting to a bigger pot outside. Probably next weekend.

Cress: as others have mentioned it's so encouraging to see something growing so fast and to get a quick harvest :cheers:

Carrots and onions: will be planted straight outside in pots, probably next weekend as well when we transplant the mangetout.

Quite pleased with my little garden especially since we don't really have any outside space at all. But the landlady gave me permission to put a few pots ouitside the apartment block - hopefully our veg won't get nicked!
Smile :)