Eco dating

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Ellendra
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Eco dating

evelyn wrote: I am quite used to being thought of as a bit odd among my peers, but on a green dating site you would think that keeping chooks and growing my own veg would be seen as a good thing, but no i am a bit odd there also :shock:

You could always start your own dating site.

Its never easy being the odd one though. Me, I'm Ish, otherkin, and a Tracker besides, if I had to start looking again it'd be hopeless!

kiwirach
Living the good life
Living the good life

Milims wrote:Why do you need a specifically eco site? There must be lots of like minded people out there on regular sites that could be picked out by their profile. I met my OH on a general friendship site and we are pretty eco! :mrgreen:
my answer to this is, there are alot of players/time wasters about, and at least on an eco orientated site you know that the person is there for the same reasons as you....you are at least on common ground. then you have to wade thru the 'bs' that goes with any dating site :roll: :lol: . on a normal site you've got the 'bs' to contend with, plus the hopes that some bloke might like the idea of an afternoon on the allotment, isnt offended by mooncups and wee wipes, and dreams of building a strawbale cottage like you do etc!!.
from experience, being on a dating site aimed at something in specfic, it does help rule things out, and all thats left is to say a polite no thanks to the 20 or 60yrs that message you :shock: :lol:

apologies...have rambled a bit!

Milims

Marc wrote:IMO the 'green' arena is (or can be) so diverse that it's almost more difficult to meet a suitable partner on a green site than it is on a standard dating site. I find, or think, that people with green inclinations also tend to have very strong views about their particular brand of 'greeness' and sometimes actually argue even more with other greenies than with people from the 'outside world' - seems surprising but it's what I've found. I consider myself as green as almost anybody but find it reeeally hard to find a female that I see eye-to-eye with.
Marc
Evelyn may I introduce Marc :wink:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

evelyn
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Milims wrote:Evelyn may I introduce Marc :wink:
It is very kind of you to introduce Marc :lol: although he may or not want want to introduce him self :oops:

I have found a site called earth wise singles, it seems to be ok, has the sort of chaps i am looking for but the north as usual is very under represented, seems devon is crawling with greenies though, also it is only free to use for 5 days then they want credit card details, something i dont posess. So i will keep looking for a free site.

How hard is it to find someone who thinks a woman in wellies is a fashion godess!? :lol: :lol:

Eve

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Many people here would have followed my dating issues...

I joined a site called muddy matches- its not so much for green folk, rather country folk. Didn't have much luck on it though.

I am a member of okcupid.com (username very similar to the one here - without the dots), and that's where i 'met' J.

I know its difficult to really get a appreciation for someone in type. I thought he was going to be really arrogant, conceited and patronising. I honestly thought that the first date would last an hour at the most before i walked off. Happily, i was proved very very wrong, and its only his writing style that makes him come across like that. TBH, i only went on the date because he's good looking...
So, the moral of the story is to give it a go!

I have met some shockers though! I met G, who was obsessed with his car and wouldn't shut up about the bloody thing, and then i met A1, who was a good friend til he dropped off the face of the earth. Then i met D, and he's fab! He's in a band that i like a lot, then i met A2, and thought he was going to be a nice bloke that i'd get on with - he spent 2 hours of the date going on about how all these obscure bands that he liked were all connected and started saying things like 'oh, you know X band, well, their lead singer went with the Drummer from B band and they created G band...' as if i knew them all personally... then i met M who seemed like a nice bloke til we met - he was more feminine than i am! So when i met J i was thoroughly down on the whole internet dating thing!!

Give it a go, and give people a go too...you might be pleasantly surprised!

bryony
Tom Good
Tom Good

i don't have any advice, but you might like a giggle at my recent 'dating' experiences...

i went speed dating (the bright idea of a friend after a glass or two of wine...)... good fun but oh my god did we meet some oddballs! one man actually used to think he was jesus, one was the lecturer of my friend (who was there!) and another just sat down and insulted my outfit for the 3 minutes! oh well... it was an experience! and my two friends have both had a date out of it. maybe there's a green equivalent?

x

Elizabeth
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Hey you could always move to Devon!

and if people can only 'do' and not 'be' at least there is a greenness about them, maybe you could help them reach the 'be'.

I thought it was about falling in love with a person and growing together (old, green whatever!). Not trying to find someone with your exact way of living. I agree with some of the suggestions about getting out and doing activities where you might find people with similar outlooks/interests. Got to be better than dating sites or advertising yourself in a paper.
Elizabeth

Remember! Turn off, when not in use

http://www.gardenersclick.com/

Millymollymandy

the.fee.fairy wrote:Many people here would have followed my dating issues...

I joined a site called muddy matches- its not so much for green folk, rather country folk. Didn't have much luck on it though.

I am a member of okcupid.com (username very similar to the one here - without the dots), and that's where i 'met' J.

I know its difficult to really get a appreciation for someone in type. I thought he was going to be really arrogant, conceited and patronising. I honestly thought that the first date would last an hour at the most before i walked off. Happily, i was proved very very wrong, and its only his writing style that makes him come across like that. TBH, i only went on the date because he's good looking...
So, the moral of the story is to give it a go!
Oh I had absolutely no idea that THAT DATE was set up on the internet. :shock: I thought you'd already met him before the date (cos didn't you ask him out?) !!!!! :shock: My god I would have been sh*tting bricks! :lol:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

No, THAT DATE was set up over the internet...we decided to meet up, and so we did, and it was after the first date that i posted here asking for advice for the second...

I was sh*tting bricks!! We met at a pub just off of Liverpool St Station, so it was very public and very easy for me to run and jump on a train if i had to...! I thought he was going to be the most arrogant, patronising git i'd ever met. It was a pleasant shock when he wasn't!

Millymollymandy

I'm really pleased it worked out for you. :cheers:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

xone
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

An interesting read. I think you'll find that most ish people, male and female, find it hard to meet likeminded souls. Maybe you should put photos of yourselfs up and use this thread as a start point, there may eventually be a complete section for it if it gets popular enough!!

thecornflake
Tom Good
Tom Good

I sympathise - I don't really know anyone else in my circle of friends who is particularly interested in the whole green thing, although people are always interested when they come round and see all the veg in the containers on the patio.

Also my dream of leading a much more self-sufficient life one day is unfortunately not one that is hared by my current other half. :(

evelyn
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Well atleast now i know this is not just a problem for me, i like the idea of adding a new section to this site for people to get together, i wonder if the mods would oblige? :lol:

Eve

TheGoodEarth
Living the good life
Living the good life

Since opposites attract, have you thought about joining some anti green dating sites? :lol:
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery

thecornflake
Tom Good
Tom Good

evelyn wrote:Well atleast now i know this is not just a problem for me, i like the idea of adding a new section to this site for people to get together, i wonder if the mods would oblige? :lol:

Eve
I've seen it work very well on other forums. It would also be nice to just be able to find ish 'penpals' for those of us who don't have any 'real' ish friends. :hugish: