Electricity Usage Club

If you know of a way to help save our planet, even just a small part of it put it here. Also if you want to ask how to help, or even if you want to promote your environmental organisation. All goes here.
Big Al
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Electricity Usage Club

ellie12022 wrote:Hello where is everybody today? :flower:

My readings from yesterday that I have put into the imeasure thingy are 45774 elec, 1300 gas. That puts me 2nd in the imeasure club, but really i only have half a weeks use input, so the first proper reads will be next week. (need to look back to see how many units that is in the last week)
I am now writing daily reads on the calendar to keep stock.

I used my tumble dryer at the weekend, & put the thermostat up a couple of degrees to try & keep the house warmer for longer.

Big Al, I hope you mean your wife is cold in tempature! :lol: I'm sure she's lovely!
Well she's not standing over me at the moment with the whip and rolling pin so I recon I could say she was cold to me but it's not true.
She's just a cold arse who has to have the heating wacked right up theen when it gets too hot she'll open the windows saying "by it's hot in here..",lol.

I'll train her by christmas.... Mind you even I relented last night is was so cold. I can't remeber properly without looking but I think it was something like £47 for gas in october, £64 gas in november and predictions are for £136 in december...... electric has stayed the same for me at around £35 ish each month since October on average.
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

ellie12022
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I have received my leccie bill today, and it was just about what I'd thought it would be (was a bit tricky to work out, with the price rise part way through) - £87.50 for 6/9/08 - 5/12/08.

That means I should receive the gas bill tomorrow, that will be more than the electric..

Still, at least my husband got to keep his job today, so I have something to celebrate :flower:

invisiblepiper

Groan - I haven't remembered to check at all! I pay by monthly direct debit so it's always the same each month. Been using a lot recently though as I now work from home. Off to check.............
Two roads diverged in a wood
And I took the one less travelled by
And that has made all the difference.
(Robert Frost)

Big Al

invisiblepiper wrote:Groan - I haven't remembered to check at all! I pay by monthly direct debit so it's always the same each month. Been using a lot recently though as I now work from home. Off to check.............
You can work backwards to find out how much you have used since the last reading IP.
Still, at least my husband got to keep his job today, so I have something to celebrate :flower:
Well that's one thing that is good....at least it will keep him out of your way during the day.... :lol:
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

ellie12022
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I have been a good girl & input my readings onto imeasure, according to that I am top in the ishers club :geek:

In the last week I have used 47 units of electric & 10 units of gas.

Big Al

ellie12022 wrote:I have been a good girl & input my readings onto imeasure, according to that I am top in the ishers club :geek:

In the last week I have used 47 units of electric & 10 units of gas.
congratulations on being number 1... i'll play catch up until the summer,lol.

alan
Secret Asparagus binger

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oh I don't have time to do it just now.... plus I have enough stress with Christmas, etc, so I will join in again in the new year
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Big Al

on the 21st of december my units were 710 kwh for gas and 36 kwh for electric.

Tomorrow the 29th should be the next day.
Secret Asparagus binger

Big Al

Re: Electricity Usage Club533 gas

533 kwh gas
64 kwh electric
Secret Asparagus binger

ellie12022
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Hello everybody

I am catching up after Christmas now,
last week I used 46 units elec, 10 of gas.

But I was down to 3/4 in the ishers club on imeasure :(

Big Al

ellie12022 wrote:Hello everybody

I am catching up after Christmas now,
last week I used 46 units elec, 10 of gas.

But I was down to 3/4 in the ishers club on imeasure :(
Huh 3/4.... I'm holding you all up 4/4. Last week for me was 62 elec 22 gas
Secret Asparagus binger

JulieSherris

Goodness knows what ours has been lately - it's something that I want to start again properly in a couple of weeks.
Hubby will be starting his new shift regime & things might well settle down...PLUS, I've been using our 2nd meter for the nightstore heater in the hallway - which is actually VERY efficient - which surprised me somewhat, but it's lovely & warm in our bedroom (if I remember to leave the door open) in the mornings :flower:
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

Big Al

JulieSherris wrote:Goodness knows what ours has been lately - it's something that I want to start again properly in a couple of weeks.
Hubby will be starting his new shift regime & things might well settle down...PLUS, I've been using our 2nd meter for the nightstore heater in the hallway - which is actually VERY efficient - which surprised me somewhat, but it's lovely & warm in our bedroom (if I remember to leave the door open) in the mornings :flower:
I'm not worried about my electric as that is at present this month (24TH) £30.50 but my gas is £91.21 and there is still a week to go in January. I put my DD payments up to £60 for gas thinknig that would cover it but it looks like i'm going to have to increase it to at least £90 for the gas alone. Rioll on the install of a wood fire in march / april ish...
Secret Asparagus binger

ellie12022
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Hello all

43 kwH elec
10 units gas (thought I'd used more than last week so that was a nice surprise!)

I'm number 1 again on the ishers club :geek: Not sure how. It would be interesting to know other people's circumstances to be able to compare properly. I have 2 adults living in a mid-terrace 3 bedroom house, with gas central heating.

Big Al, I have a hankering for a wood/duel fuel burning stove, but this will be a pipe dream for the foreseeable future. Do you know what you are having installed? Will it heat 1 room or do other things like heat water as well? I find the gas a big expense too. I have a very old fashioned timer system also which means that I can't have the timer on for less than about 2 hours. This is something I am wondering about investigating to see if it can be changed. (although the house is not mine, it is rented off my mother & uncle).

Julie, isn't it amazing what ideas we can come up with sometimes? Are you using the night heater instead of other heating in the morning now? I wonder how much it will help.

Keeping on top of things is easier for me as i am at home, & don't have any children to distract me during the day.

Big Al

ellie12022 wrote:Hello all

43 kwH elec
10 units gas (thought I'd used more than last week so that was a nice surprise!)

I'm number 1 again on the ishers club :geek: Not sure how. It would be interesting to know other people's circumstances to be able to compare properly. I have 2 adults living in a mid-terrace 3 bedroom house, with gas central heating.

Big Al, I have a hankering for a wood/duel fuel burning stove, but this will be a pipe dream for the foreseeable future. Do you know what you are having installed? Will it heat 1 room or do other things like heat water as well? I find the gas a big expense too. I have a very old fashioned timer system also which means that I can't have the timer on for less than about 2 hours. This is something I am wondering about investigating to see if it can be changed. (although the house is not mine, it is rented off my mother & uncle).

Julie, isn't it amazing what ideas we can come up with sometimes? Are you using the night heater instead of other heating in the morning now? I wonder how much it will help.

Keeping on top of things is easier for me as i am at home, & don't have any children to distract me during the day.

Well I've taken a turn on the wood burner fire... I have a bad chest and was walking past a building site tother day and got caught in thesmoke of one of their braziers.... couldn't breathe and nearly went down. This got me thinknig if I get a wood fire and put on the odd bit of not dry wood am I going to suffer if I go outside ???

Also being a spack I can get a free low budget combi boiler for free off the government... so I'm told...hmmm options, options.

http://www.firesonline.co.uk/acatalog/ this place has a lot of fires but no recomendations / not used them myself yet but they show the range offered.
Secret Asparagus binger