getting rid of the fridge and freezer.....

If you know of a way to help save our planet, even just a small part of it put it here. Also if you want to ask how to help, or even if you want to promote your environmental organisation. All goes here.
Thomzo
A selfsufficientish Regular
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Re: getting rid of the fridge and freezer.....

Big Al wrote:I am concerned that the temperiture in the "larder" area has not fell below 18Deg c over the last 3 days but that is without a cold shelf and an air brick in place.
What are the temperatures like now, Al? At first I wondered if it was something to do with a radiator too close to the 'larder' door. Then I realised that you posted this in August. Could a window be the problem? If the sun is shining in the window then it will heat up quickly inside.

Cheers
Zoe

Big Al

Thomzo wrote:
Big Al wrote:I am concerned that the temperiture in the "larder" area has not fell below 18Deg c over the last 3 days but that is without a cold shelf and an air brick in place.
What are the temperatures like now, Al? At first I wondered if it was something to do with a radiator too close to the 'larder' door. Then I realised that you posted this in August. Could a window be the problem? If the sun is shining in the window then it will heat up quickly inside.

Cheers
Zoe
Still the same tempriture as in august so it's steady at anyrate. however i've given up on the iodea of no fridge freezer as my back has got considerably worse since the original idea and I certainly can't do daily shopping now. Ho hum, just need a more efficient one i reckon.

Alan
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

mamos
Living the good life
Living the good life

What about an evaporative cooler

They used to use them in old VW campers years ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evaporative_cooler

mamos
If you are interested in Self Reliance, Frugal Living, Gardening and becoming Debt Free, follow my Blog Tiny Allotment

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Evaporative cooling is especially well suited for climates where the air is hot and humidity is low.
Doesn't apply to too many places in the UK!
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Big Al

Green Aura wrote:
Evaporative cooling is especially well suited for climates where the air is hot and humidity is low.
Doesn't apply to too many places in the UK!
The idea came about as my "larder" is not below 18 deg C even when I put apaving slab in as a clod shelf it only dropped by about 1/2 a deg c although the slab was about 15 Deg c.

Besides it's now a downstairs toilet.......
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger