BALLS (dryer)

Want to share some knowledge of eco products. Or have you heard about any new eco projects that you want to share with the world?
mrsflibble
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

BALLS (dryer)

bought some of these recently from the pound shop.... are they meant to be so fricking noisy? or are the poundshop ones just cr4p?
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re: BALLS (dryer)

My guess is they're all pretty noisy - hard knobbly objects bouncing round a hollow metal drum! They make less noise if you put plenty of items in, cos they bounce off the fabric rather than the metal.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Big Al

mrsflibble wrote:bought some of these recently from the pound shop.... are they meant to be so fricking noisy? or are the poundshop ones just cr4p?
What do they do ?? I've seen them advertised but because I'm a tight wad and won't use a dryer I have no use for them. Mind you when I did use a dryer I would put a dry towel in with the clothes and this would lessen the time taken to dry the clothes...
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin

Because they're quite solid and leap around the dryer they loosen up all the clothing and let the air get round them, shortening the drying time. That's the theory anyway - although I always use them when I need to use the dryer (fortunately fairly rarely) I've not really done any sort of comparison. But it does make sense - maybe your dry towel has a similar function.
Maggie

Big Al

Green Aura wrote:Because they're quite solid and leap around the dryer they loosen up all the clothing and let the air get round them, shortening the drying time. That's the theory anyway - although I always use them when I need to use the dryer (fortunately fairly rarely) I've not really done any sort of comparison. But it does make sense - maybe your dry towel has a similar function.
Since I've become a daily meter reading zealot the dryer goes on only if absolutly neccessary.
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin

Snap! It's also why I invested about £15 in balls :wink: in the hope of making it more efficient.

As a side line I've got an A-rated dryer, which dries on a cold cycle but it takes hours and I mean hours - 7-8 to dry a load. Can't work out how that's better - I presume that longer on cold uses less power than shorter but hot, but I'm not totally convinced.
Maggie