GIs a lift section

Do you want more categories on this forum? Do you want to see some other things on the main site? Any suggestions you have, please let us know.
Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

GIs a lift section

Was thinking that we could set up a gis a lift section, perhaps a trial run over the christmas period. If anyone is driving a long distance for christmas then they could offer a lift in return for some petrol money. Might only end up with one less car on the road this christmas but could be worth a go.

any thoughts?
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

DaisyDaisy
Tom Good
Tom Good

Great idea Andy... so good in fact that there is a group doing it already...
http://www.liftshare.org/
:flower: :flower:

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

DaisyDaisy wrote:Great idea Andy... so good in fact that there is a group doing it already...
http://www.liftshare.org/
:flower: :flower:
Indeed :lol: I wondered as people know each other on here already that it might be approached in a different way. - Although just looking for a lift up to Northampton as much as anything. :wink:
and...... Twitter

PeterNZ
Tom Good
Tom Good

I can take you to Auckland, mate! You just have to get a ticket to New Zealand.

Sorry, being silly!!

Cheers

Peter
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter, don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Make your own cheese at home - Cottage Crafts

Boots
A selfsufficientish Regular

I'm doing Ban Ban Springs on Thursday, if anyone should need to go there... Which is actually Wednesday in the UK..
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schultz

Shirley

I could take you to northampton Andy - but you'd have to catch the train up here first :lol: :mrgreen:

I am a bit wary of the liftshare bit because of the information that is on the website for anyone to see. I also really don't fancy getting into a car with a complete stranger.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

2steps

sounds good and could also be used as a way of trnsporting items that can't be posted as there too big/heavy or just not allowed

Millymollymandy

I agree with Shirlz plus it's not a good idea to be saying, for example, I'm going to ......... on such and such a date, thereby advertising that your house might be empty.

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fair enough about the house being empty but there is no where that we mention where we live, someone would have to be pretty detirmined to want to rob your house to do the dective work.

As for a stranger, I am thinking more of people that have made a few posts that you feel like you do know. I guess the downside would be how would you tell someone that you will not want to give them a lift as you don't know them enough when they feel that they know you. hmm a lot tricker idea than I gave it credit for really.
and...... Twitter

Merry

Apropos lifts with strangers!
The other week I was running for the bus which pulled out just as I got to the stop.
I was standing there mouthing obscenities when a car pulled up and a chap shouted, "Get in, we`ll pass it and you can get it at the next stop!"
"Oh, thanks mate." I said, getting into the passenger seat.
I`d just happily got into a stranger`s car without a second thought :oops:
He was a really nice bloke and he did catch the bus for me but it made me think! :oops:

Millymollymandy

Andy Hamilton wrote:Fair enough about the house being empty but there is no where that we mention where we live, someone would have to be pretty detirmined to want to rob your house to do the dective work.
I don't know anything much about computers but I think that people could find your house (or where your computer is located) pretty easily. Someone mentioned on here that with their website they could practically see the addresses their hits were coming from!

Now if kids can hack into the CIA etc, it can't be that difficult.

I was thinking a lot about the Brittany forum I go on where folk with holiday homes are often advertising their 'movements' on a forum for all to see (so to speak!).