fishing

Do you want more categories on this forum? Do you want to see some other things on the main site? Any suggestions you have, please let us know.
slacker boy

fishing

You don't mention anything about fishing on the site??

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

fishing

Well we have sort of now mr slacker. Mike sent us in an excellent recipe for fish and chips. I have tried fishing but never been able to catch anything. I will ask around and see if we can get a good fisherman to post something.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Not me!, I have been fishing half a dozen times in my life and caught about 2 fish (little ones!).
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

although this is an old post I still do intend to do something on fishing. I hear that there are some fish that have been introduced to Britain that are considered a pest. So it would also be benefical to the environment if I were to inform people about them. I think it was cray fish but of course I will do a spot of research before I write an article.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

IrishAbroad
Tom Good
Tom Good

Yep the Amercan Signal Crayfish was introduced into Europe about 30 years ago and have almost wiped out native species. They're not much of a problem in the rivers round me as we eat as many as we can catch, putting out baskets to catch them.

mmmmmmm....

2steps
A selfsufficientish Regular

we used to go fishing whn I was a child but we didn't keep the fish except for once we went sea fishing and my dad caught and ate the fish. we used to go fishing on the canal near us and the golf course next to our house had a pond full of goldfish

Millymollymandy

We have a lake full of fish and we ate a perch that my husband caught. However we both had such a bad experience of trying to kill the damn thing, it kept twitching and moving even after it had been hit (in the right place with the right tool) about a dozen times. :pale:

Then hubby caught a big carp, which he was planning to cook, and it was put in a tank to de-muddy it for several days. He then had a change of heart and we both breathed a sigh of relief when we put it back in the pond (think the carp did too!).

As the pond level has gone down by about a metre in 7 weeks due to the drought, we may have no fish left or pond for that matter by the end of the summer anyway. :cry: :cry: :cry: