challenge Selfsufficientish

Do you want more categories on this forum? Do you want to see some other things on the main site? Any suggestions you have, please let us know.
Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Too right! and she's a lot closer to me than you! :mrgreen:

nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Kev
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Ive have been Thinking about challenges. One ive got in mind is the south cornwall coast path. I really want to walk the whole length of it in as little time as possible. Anyone up for it :lol:

http://www.jbutler.org.uk/e2e/sccp/index.shtml

Muddypause
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Urban Berkshire, UK (one day I'll find the escape route)

Kev wrote:I really want to walk the whole length of it in as little time as possible. Anyone up for it
I might be if I lived a little closer. And I'm not sure I'd want to do it too quickly, either.

I've recently done the whole of the Ridgeway, in stages (well, actually, I've done it twice, because I'd park the car, walk a section, and then walk back again).

I remember reading through the whole of that site a year or two ago. Fascinating account.
Stew

Ignorance is essential

Kev
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Hehe. Muddypause to bad you dont live closer it would have been great to do this challenge with you. I have emailed radio cornwall and have told them im looking for a companion to do this challenge with.

Edit to say: Supposed to be talking on radio cornwall on thursday about the challenge. Starting to get cold feet now as im the shy,est bloke you could meet. If i did go ahead with the challenge will do it for a charity.

Shirley

Kev

Did you decide to go ahead with the challenge?? Were you on the radio??

Being shy is quite tough isn't it - I'm a naturally shy person and sometimes have to really bully myself to rise above it.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Jack

Gidday

O.K. I will be a grumpy old bugger. I am all for challenges, but I am also against too many different sections. It's hard enough as it is to find something that you have read and want to get back to it. Any more sections I won't be able to find any bloody thing.
Cheers
just a Rough Country Boy.

Millymollymandy

Jack, if there is a topic that you want to watch for replies, then if you have posted, make sure the 'Notify me when a reply is posted' thingy is ticked. You'll be sent an email telling you that someone has replied to this topic.

If you haven't posted, then at the bottom left hand side of the screen there is a 'Watch this topic for replies' thingy to tick.

Hope that helps.

I only ever use the 'Posts since last visit' thing, and never go through the different sections - it would take too much time!!

Kev
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Shirlz wrote:Kev

Did you decide to go ahead with the challenge?? Were you on the radio??

Being shy is quite tough isn't it - I'm a naturally shy person and sometimes have to really bully myself to rise above it.

Hi Shirlz. I am still planning to do it. One of my friends has shown intrest in the idea. although he's not keen on walking the whole distance in one go. :lol:

Unfortunately the shyness on the day got the better of me :oops: and i didn't go on the radio. Being shy is a bit of a bugger, Ive known most of my regular friends for about 4-5 years now and still find it hard to talk to them when we all meet up so i dont really Say much. Its a standing joke now they always say "Kev you haven't shut up all night" :lol: :lol:

Kev.

Jack

Gidday

Thanks for that Milly. I normally only open up on the recent post so only get what has been posted since I was last on. But it is when I am looking for something I think I have seen in the past and can't remember where there are just soooo many different forums to wade through.
Cheers
just a Rough Country Boy.

Millymollymandy

I know the feeling Jack!

Have you tried doing a Search? Top of page near Profile etc. Type in key words that you remember the subject was about and hopefully you'll find what you are looking for.

If all else fails, post a new topic asking where the hell it is. Someone will probably remember!

Peggy Sue

I'm new on the site, but thought you may be interested- my new years resolution was go greener. Bear in mind I was starting from scratch we have reduced the elec consumption by 12% , gas by 38%, I cycle to work 4 days a week instead of once a week (unless its gale force then I'm a bit unsteady!).
We put in 2 water butts (my god what a lot of water we waste from rain) and being a bit heath robinson didn't make an overflow so have been bucketing out the excess into the wheelie bin, various other bins and containers to bursting point.
Lots of little water saving bits round the house like running the taps to the watering can instead of waste before washing up, not running the tap when washing veg & cleaning teeth.
I have boycotted T***o & sanisbury and buy from teh local shops and market (occasional trip to Waitrose who have much better ethics if there's something I really can't get). I try to check the origin of food but it's not so easy.
I have just got an allotment so obviously the world is my oyster now for veg!
I like the idea of 2 weeks without plastic, it bugs me I can't buy stuff without plastic, but then again I use all the plastic pots for plants and re-use the bags for all sorts- but still the recycle bin is full....
I like challenges, although I may not quite be in your league yet Andy, I'm sure I can find another step- the hair washing thread intreagued me as it bugs me seeing 4 plastic bottles in the bathroom and rubbing chemicals on my body.
Just Do It!

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good on ya Peggy Sue :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Watch out that you don't take on too many changes in the first year as you might end up freaking out that you have changed who you are. I reckon you get their eventually with baby steps rather than running round in circle tiring yourself out.

oh welcome to the site :wave:
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

catalyst
Living the good life
Living the good life

read on another forum an interesting idea:

for every £ you spend on petrol/travel, spend a £ on some thing benefitting diversity, wilderness, or nature

for every hour in front of tv or internet, and hour doing something that truly helps to make the world a better place