selfsufficientish.com vs itsnoteasybeinggreen.org

Do you want more categories on this forum? Do you want to see some other things on the main site? Any suggestions you have, please let us know.
Luath
Living the good life
Living the good life

I shall cut myself in three, then................ :lol: :lol:

Or maybe just stand on the sidelines of whatever and cheer. As long as it involves men in shorts or kilts.

Boots
A selfsufficientish Regular

What about some sort of online 101 comp where we all log in to compete in something that is relevant to both sites?
...or are you after press coverage/media exposure at an actual event?

We could contribute (compete) on some sort of 101 handy tips or 'things we do' to make a difference, maybe? Something...ssish/greenish... maybe within a timeframe... the first to provide the most, or reach 101.

And you could hold the repro/publishing rights of course... for when the ssish 101 book comes out!

Maybe rubbish re-uses, or recycling a bit of an oddity, something not often considered... like um...electrical goods, mobile phones, chipboard.. or paracetamol packets! That was definately a thoughtful mention in your blog..

It would also provided a membership boost if you challenged them and hosted it, maybe?

Just thinkin in print again...

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't think it is a bad idea to have something hosted on here, It would be good to have a proper game of something though. I think if we plan it right we could raise a few quid for friends of the earth.

I thought that if we start off something where we meet in person it would just be a good day out. It would kill two birds with one stone as we would also have a ssish meet up. - I know it is not good for you lot the other side of the world, but yep it would work to then spin off some online competative events afterwards.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

right then I have emailed the other sites, so lets see what happens :lol:
and...... Twitter

Shirley

Nice one.... let's hope it comes off :)

I like the online thing too - that really does involve everyone... or at least everyone is given the chance to be involved :lol:
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Luath
Living the good life
Living the good life

I'm a Moderator on River Cottage and INEBG, so am happy to help with liaising if needed.

Don't know about the rounders bit, though :shock: I could make tea.................or find a pub............. :lol:

Shirley

Tea and the pub sounds just great to me :mrgreen:

ImageImage
Shirley

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Hillbilly
Living the good life
Living the good life

I saw your challenge on Downsizer :mrgreen: Count me in.

Who or what is going to be our Mascot?

What pub? Has it got a beer garden?

When?

I think we should dress up too.

Then have the party to end all parties. :mrgreen:

Shirley

hmmm good questions... mascot... should ask felicity kendall to come and be our mascot - :mrgreen:

Dress up !!! FOR SURE - in what?!

It's a knockout??? Fun stuff, silly games.. or rounders??

PARRRRRRRRRTYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! Now you are talking.......

Camping too??
Shirley

My photos on Flickr

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Shirlz2005 wrote:hmmm good questions... mascot... should ask felicity kendall to come and be our mascot - :mrgreen:

Dress up !!! FOR SURE - in what?!

It's a knockout??? Fun stuff, silly games.. or rounders??

PARRRRRRRRRTYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! Now you are talking.......

Camping too??
It could be a grand day out, indeed :mrgreen: We could have a competiton for who got there by the greenest method, best dressed, perhaps with a vegetables theme?

As for camping I ask richard from acl and them lot would possibly be the best to ask if they have a spare field that we could use - then indeed we would have camping. - I will pm Carolyn from there and see what she says.
I'm a Moderator on River Cottage and INEBG, so am happy to help with liaising if needed.

Don't know about the rounders bit, though I could make tea.................or find a pub.............
DO you fancy making a post then? - I just sent an email to the info address at river cottage and to briget at ineg. - you would probally have more sway on there than I would as I only post occasionally on both.

Let make this one happen, I am already getting quite excited about it.
and...... Twitter

Shirley

Andy Hamilton wrote:Let make this one happen, I am already getting quite excited about it.
Agreed... We could hire a minibus/coach (preferably biodiesel) for the Scottish lot and pick up others along the way - might be pricey though...

Would have to be a weekend though if it's after mid august as David will be back at work by then.
Shirley

My photos on Flickr

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

oh yes I think it goes with out saying that it has to be a weekend.

so we have luath rounding up the troops at River Cottage and INEBG if that is ok? Can we designate you hillbilly to try and rally people up on downsizer?

I will keep contact with ACL (just sent an email) and we will have to try and find a venue

I know someone who works for a bio-diesel company shirlz will ask them and see if we can sort out something cheaply. - no promises but will certainly try.
and...... Twitter

Luath
Living the good life
Living the good life

Don't think River Cottage is too impressd with your idea - they seem to have taken the site off the air........... :shock: :shock: Just joking, it's just down this morning. Will put up a post when it comes back on. Ditto with INEBG, but wil ask there first, as you've contacted their Admin. Will keep you posted.

Hillbilly
Living the good life
Living the good life

Andy Hamilton wrote:Can we designate you hillbilly to try and rally people up on downsizer?
Aye aye cap'n! *wanders off humming and clutching coffee and scone to Downsizer*

Luath
Living the good life
Living the good life

Could do with a bit more enthusiasm from Downsizer :roll: :lol: :lol: Maybe they're scared............

River Cottage still down at the moment.