Green/eco parenting section

Do you want more categories on this forum? Do you want to see some other things on the main site? Any suggestions you have, please let us know.
Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular

Green/eco parenting section

Do you think that a section for green parenting/self sufficientish parenting would be a good idea??? cloth nappies, organic baby food, talk about vaccinations/or not.... ideas for growing kids that are selfsufficientish for the future?
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

glenniedragon

I think thats a good idea Shirlz, maybe we could start converting the younglings with the careful introduction of a new t-shirt.....do you do a size 5-6 Andy?
It would be nice to have a dedicated section (can be easily avoided too), I remember a friend saying to me when I was pregnant
"Make the most of knowing exactly how parenting should be done, because once the baby's born you'll never be sure again....." and I do think there's an element of truth in that.......maybe I'm just an 'ish' parent too!

Kind thoughts
Deb

Mandyz
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I like this idea as well.
I can contribute when I have a baby ;)

Libby
Living the good life
Living the good life

glenniedragon wrote:I think thats a good idea Shirlz, maybe we could start converting the younglings with the careful introduction of a new t-shirt.....do you do a size 5-6 Andy?
It would be nice to have a dedicated section (can be easily avoided too), I remember a friend saying to me when I was pregnant
"Make the most of knowing exactly how parenting should be done, because once the baby's born you'll never be sure again....." and I do think there's an element of truth in that.......maybe I'm just an 'ish' parent too!

Kind thoughts
Deb
Wise words from your friend glennie, all the knowledge/skills learnt count for very little when It,s your little bundle of joy! Can,t they just wrap you around it! :wink:
I don,t think you,re alone as an 'ish' parent either! Is it possible to be anything more?
I want to wake up in the morning and see green!

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Do you think it would generate enough interest to warrant a section? It has been mentioned that there are too many sections as it is.

This is not to say that we should not put a section up, but where? Or could we amalgamate some sections to make room or indeed amalgamate (is that spelt right?) it with another section?
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Libby
Living the good life
Living the good life

Using my kids as the benchmark, we could put it livestock :wink:
I want to wake up in the morning and see green!

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

nick
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

have got lots and lots of links to homeschooling, preschool activities, craft pages, baby sites, baby knitting, plus more if anyone is interested.
Livestock section a great idea Libby, but what about 101 uses for.... or knock yourself out (forget about the general posts part)