Sheep muck anybody?

Not the 1970s UK TV programme, but a free place for people to swap, give away or sell anything from seeds to tractors. Anything illegal or immoral will be deleted.
ina
A selfsufficientish Regular

Sheep muck anybody?

I suppose you all live a bit too far away to pop by and pick up a bag of sheep muck - but just in case you should be touring around Scotland in the near future, I have a few bags of perfectly dry (oven dry!) sheep pellets to give away... Hardly any smell, clean to handle, but too fresh to put on growing stuff directly. Good as compost improver.

Cheers
Ina

diver
Living the good life
Living the good life

hi, I just wish I lived near you...we go up to Scotland about twice each year and each time I take gloves and bags ..to collect the sheep muck. I have just dug my last bag into my onion bed. I also tip a bagful into a water butt and it rots down and makes a great feed for my tomatoes. I also put bags of it in the compost heap...but sadly I have run out.....and it seems to defeat the object of self sufficiency to take the car into the countryside to collect bags of sheep muck....it also damages my relationship as my partner thinks I have taken leave of my senses!!

ina

Not the sense of smell, tough, if you are collecting fresh muck!

Here's a tip: collect horse muck. The "pellets" are bigger..... :shock:

My father always used to have a bag or two on his bicycle when he went about in the countryside, and generally came back with either horse muck, or mushrooms, brambles or other berries, or wood for burning.

Ina

shiney

Thanks for the offer Ina! I have trampled through a tonne of the stuff today up on the Westbury White Horse in Wiltshire. We went to look at the view, which is stunning. (we go there a lot to fly kites)

Next time, I'll remember to gather a few lumps for my composter. :shock:
If in doubt ~ use a hammer!

http://greeningup.blogspot.com/