Desperately seeking Lavender seeds

Not the 1970s UK TV programme, but a free place for people to swap, give away or sell anything from seeds to tractors. Anything illegal or immoral will be deleted.
organicsi
Tom Good
Tom Good

Desperately seeking Lavender seeds

I am looking for English lavender seeds. I want to begin cultivating in quite a serious way on my plot in Slovenia. The problem is it is very difficult to get anything not simply labelled 'Lavender' and in the garden centres they just sell Dutch Lavendins. I have loads of seeds to swap especially Winter Squash.

boboff
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Desperately seeking Lavender seeds

Ebay 99p for 600, germination poss 20
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

organicsi
Tom Good
Tom Good

Hi Thanks for that tip, I have already bought some from Ebay ready to start them this spring for Autumn planting out for the plants I want to harvest and do PYO. What I am also looking for is different varieties that folk know are hardy in the UK. They may not know what variety they are, great if they do, fine if they don't. Basically I am trying to build a collection so I can sell these as single plants.There are hundreds of different strains of lavender, in different shapes, sizes colours etc, knocking around in the UK from the Edwardian lavender craze onwards.For some reason lavender growers are reluctant to post abroad and we have only been back to the UK once in the past 4 years! Seeds are pretty cheap in Slovenia as they have a farmer's co-op in most large villages and I perhaps I can get hold of some things people might like to try to make it worth swapping.

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Take a look at Nickys Nursery http://www.nickys-nursery.co.uk/seeds/p ... ge8lav.htm
She has at least 16 varieties of Lavender and ships to Europe.
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

organicsi
Tom Good
Tom Good

Cheers for that, I am off to order some now! Deffo looks like a brilliant place to start getting hold of a range of varieties.

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

No problem, I get quite a lot of seeds from her as she has reasonable prices and delivers outside of the UK.
She has quite a few tomato seeds too. :iconbiggrin:
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.