Northern Green Gathering tickets for sale

Not the 1970s UK TV programme, but a free place for people to swap, give away or sell anything from seeds to tractors. Anything illegal or immoral will be deleted.
the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Northern Green Gathering tickets for sale

Its from the 7-10 August. Due to work buggering up the rostas, i'm now forced to work so i can't go.

i've got 3 tickets, my sister was going, but she can't go now, and one of my friends was going, but she can't now, because i can't go.

NGG won't refund the tickets because they have no interest in helping people once they've passed the money.

They cost £60 a ticket, but i'm prepared to accept £50 each.

I'll send them recorded delivery etc.

Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Northern Green Gathering tickets for sale

Somehow I think that Green Gatherings should be ethical and I don't feel that it's ethical of people like that not to offer refunds when there is a genuine reason for non-attendance.

Shame you can't go tho Fee.... :(
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

I agree, and i have emailed them and told them that too!

I even offered to leave them 10% admin fee, but they started going on about their overheads etc.

Ironically, the two tickets that have been nought have been bought by the administrator of the BGG shareholders forum...I explained what happened on there too, so i have a feeling that a few rumblings are afoot!

The email i got from NGG was quite curt and abrupt, and they said that their overheads are £25000, and that they are a non-profit organisation and all that BS. So i explained to them that they were getting £180 in pure profit from me and that their overheads weren't my problem. I also explained that as an ethical festival, i would have expected them to behave better towards their patrons. I won't be going there next year...or the year after...so that's 2 festivals on my 'don't go' list now! I also explained to them that as a BGG shareholder, i was going to inform BGG (which, NGG are not attached or affiliated to) and ask for a refund policy on the BGG tickets.

I should have known it would be dodgy when NGG told me that they had no cancellation insurance...

WilliamBlake
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hi there, I'm really sorry you had a bad experience with buying tickets from us. Who did you talk to? I will have a quiet word with them about customer service. I hope you can forgive us. Cheers, Blake

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Amazing customer service, almost six years down the line from the original post

WilliamBlake
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Thanks - better late than never! Northern Green Gathering is still going. We are in our 17th year now. Cheers