what IS it with........

Due to popular demand, here is the section to discuss everything to do with our pets. Please remember though to post any queries regarding pet livestock in the livestock section as you are more likely to get the right response there!
brett53
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

what IS it with........

cats ?? my latest moggie ( muffie ) - is just the same as my old cat ( now departed but still around in another form ) - if there's paint about - she is ALWAYS in to it - on it or covered in it

was touching up some emulsion this morning - put the lid back on which flipped off and landed on the cat - result "happy yellow" ( silk ) tail - so 1/2 an hour tussling with cat - wet cloth - claws - teeth etc to get it off + bribery of a cat treat to get her to hold still

my last cat had a red butt once as she sat on some paint when my back was turned - ho hum you would think i would of learned by now cats and paint don't mix

all part of life's rich pageant :roll: :roll:

who'd have em ?? - worse than kids sometimes :cat: :cat:

( pause ) arrrrgh - now the parrot has got out again - lil devil ecuse me whilst i prevent bloodshed - kitteh don't realise what a sharp beak he has
the validity of ones ideas are best measured by the resistance they attract

and if enough people tell you are WRONG - do it ANYWAY !!

brett53
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Re: what IS it with........

SusieGee wrote:Cats are ALWAYS where you don't want them to be - last summer we poured the concrete slab for part of our rebuild, beautifully tamped down, level and sleek .......until Kitty decided to take a stroll right through the middle!
aye sounds about right - its that " WOT ?? " look they give you when you tell em off :roll:
the validity of ones ideas are best measured by the resistance they attract

and if enough people tell you are WRONG - do it ANYWAY !!

Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

I've never painted anything that a cat could sit on :iconbiggrin: but on the rare occasions I wash my kitchen floor guaranteed the cat will walk through it all. Then sit there saying "what have you done with my food bowl?" :roll: :mrgreen:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Keaniebean

I don't know, I think dogs are just as bad, but a lttle more dim about it than cats are. My son managed to open a tin of purple paint, pour it all over the sofa :shock: :shock: :shock: . I went in to see what all the laughing from my son was about and found him rolling the dog in the paint and on the sofa!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a purple dog for about 3 weeks despite all the shampooing I gave him. I just think that any animal or child, and paint should be an illegal combination in any form :lol: :lol:
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

theabsinthefairy

I don't have the same problem with cats and paint - that is definitely a dog thing in our house, with our border collie determined to use his tail as a paint brush.

But I do have a serious problem with oil - there has only got to be one tiny splash outside and our latest kitten is deternined to spread it on as many surfaces as he can physically get onto. :angryfire:

Our neighbour comes over in his tractor - parks it outside - with the engine running - and the stupid cat is in the engine, or on the axle or sat on the tyre, or on the engine cover - and then likes nothing better than to snuggle up with you with his oily tail and paws.
2010 is my year of projects - 365 days and 365 projects.

You can follow my progress on
absinthe fairy blog

my photos are avavilable here
absinthefairy

my shop is available here
mojaziemia

Milims

One of my cat is sitting next to me licking a plastic bag...............
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Millymollymandy

Maybe it had something tasty in it? :iconbiggrin: Mine likes to lick me - always on the same spot until it hurts! and especially loves to slurp my hair. :shock:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Milims

Millymollymandy wrote:Maybe it had something tasty in it? :iconbiggrin:
Knitting wool! :dontknow: He just has a thing for plastic bags!
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

indy
Living the good life
Living the good life

I hada dog like that...he went round for 3 weeks with a bright yellow nose (dulux honeybee no less) and one yellow paw! I also had a dog who jumped over the babygate and lay against a freshly glossed skirting board... I had a fluffy skirting board for some while :roll: :sign5:
Sing like nobody's listening, live like there's no tomorrow, dance like nobody's watching and love like you've never been hurt.

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

SusieGee wrote:Cats are ALWAYS where you don't want them to be - last summer we poured the concrete slab for part of our rebuild, beautifully tamped down, level and sleek .......until Kitty decided to take a stroll right through the middle!
Oh yes! A few years ago we poured the concrete slab base/floor of the shed that is now the hen house. I never worked out how the late, dear departed Jezebel managed to walk all the way from the concrete, across 100 ft of grass, through the car port, across the laundry room, from the far side of the kitchen to the hall, through the living room, up the stairs, around the bedroom and up on to the bed without leaving a single print and still have her paws covered in concrete when she landed on the duvet!

It's a right pain trying to clear chicken muck out of the paw prints now though.

Zoe

Evelyn J
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

All this makes me feel sooo much better, i thought i was the only one with stupid cats, we have one we call the overlord of the spodmutrons, the rest of the mogs are his minions and aspire to be as stupid as he is, following bread into a hot oven is a good idea as is go to sleep on top of the living room door only waking up when someone walks through and then you jump on them! the list of stupidity is fairly endless to be honest but we love the fury little idiots.

P.s every windowcill has paw prints on it, even when i go to every effort to make sure the roon is cat free, its a skill.

Eve