Plan a Veg Patch

The whole reason for the selfsufficientish website was to offer a place where anyone can ask, HOW DO I...? So who knows why it has taken us so long to have a HOW DO I? section, but here it is. So if you want to know how to do anything selfsufficientish then here is the place to ask.
bonniethomas06
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Plan a Veg Patch

I have always found they get hotter, being all black plastic, than the pallet jobs? Certainly faster, if not as good compost. They do make turning it a bit tricky though.
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Composting daleks work ok for small households. Compost bins do not need air or water from outside. If it is not working it is more likely that the mixture of materials is at fault.

ina

Mine aren't black, but green; that is, one of them, the smallest, is black, but that composts even worse than the bigger ones. And I do mix the materials, but of course I have to use what I have.
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

bonniethomas06 wrote:Are the wild birds a problem because they eat the chicken food?
I think so but also they can pass on diseases. Having said that, the robin is often in my chicken run and I don't think he's ever passed anything on to my lot.
Have you moved recently then Zoe? Are you working for the National Trust now?
:icon_smile: Yes, I've been there since Ocober and love it :icon_smile: