Find use for unused kitchen cabinet doors?

The whole reason for the selfsufficientish website was to offer a place where anyone can ask, HOW DO I...? So who knows why it has taken us so long to have a HOW DO I? section, but here it is. So if you want to know how to do anything selfsufficientish then here is the place to ask.
Lilyfae
Tom Good
Tom Good

Find use for unused kitchen cabinet doors?

Thu May 12, 2011 12:24 pm

The guy we bought our house from was a real shoddy diyer who tried to maximise his profit from the sale by pretending he had installed a new kitchen, when he had just changed the doors ( we got him to drop)
after rooting around in the garage alongside a windsailing board (!) I have found 3 or 4 cabinet doors still in the packaging from b&q since then I've been at a loss of what to do with them

After sitting in the garage for 18 months they wouldn't be any good to pass on for someone else to put jn their kitchen but In interest of reusing/repurposing I was wondering if there was any use I could put them to? - particularly garden- related if possible!

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Find use for unused kitchen cabinet doors?

Thu May 12, 2011 12:31 pm

I can't think of anything immediately, Lilyfae - but I'll guarantee that the day after you give up and throw them out, YOU will :iconbiggrin:

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

sarahturner
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
latitude: 53.7333
longitude: -2.4000

Thu May 12, 2011 2:29 pm

You could use them to make the sides of a coldframe and get some perspex to glaze the top?!

Keaniebean
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Thu May 12, 2011 2:43 pm

Or you could slice them in half, hinge them together to make a mini raised bed or herb planter :iconbiggrin:
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu May 12, 2011 3:07 pm

I've seen trays and chalkboards made from old kitchen cabinet doors.... depends on the style though I guess....

You could always freecycle them if you can't think of anything else to do with them :mrgreen:
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Lilyfae
Tom Good
Tom Good

Thu May 12, 2011 4:41 pm

Keaniebean wrote:Or you could slice them in half, hinge them together to make a mini raised bed or herb planter :iconbiggrin:

Thanks for the ideas - I especially like this one keaniebean as I am looking to build some raised beds

Thanks everyone

cocobelle
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Thu May 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Yes I would use them in the garden some how if you're not bothered about them getting ruined. I've got so much that needs to be reused but it's also finding the time to revamp it.
Organic Baby Clothes made with natural, sustainable fabrics.