Posting Pictures for instance

The whole reason for the selfsufficientish website was to offer a place where anyone can ask, HOW DO I...? So who knows why it has taken us so long to have a HOW DO I? section, but here it is. So if you want to know how to do anything selfsufficientish then here is the place to ask.
juddyincharente
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Posting Pictures for instance

Hi,
Is there anyone else like me? I find it difficult enough trying to get the animal husbandry and the gardening right! I find it much more difficult to wrestle with this pc and all its intricacies! So how does one go about uploading a picture into one of these 'ere forum thingies please? Have tried with the "pload attachment" but was told file too large! Tried dragging the picture from an open file but the picture ended up huge!

Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Posting Pictures for instance

You need to reduce the size of the photo first in a suitable software programme before trying to upload it from your computer. If the photo is 700 pixels wide max the picture should show on the forum pages, bigger than that and it will just come up as a link which has to be clicked on to view.

Alternatively you can copy an image which is already hosted on the internet, whether on a blog or on a photo hosting site. You then paste the URL and put IMG tags on each end of the URL. (Yes I know that will sound like gobbledigook if you don't know what I'm talking about!!!). Hopefully someone can explain that better than me!
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

juddyincharente
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Yep! You're right, pure gook of the gobbledy kind!!

Nous vous remercions!

Carltonian Man

Moderators, please edit/delete if any of this if it contravenes accepted practice but it seems to have worked for me so far
(I'm using windows mail on Vista).

Download Picasa 3 from Google (it's free). The first time it runs on your PC it will find all your photo's so may take a time.
Once loaded select your desired photo and then hit the mail envelope icon, this automatically reduces the file size.
Put your own email address in the box and send it to yourself.
Open your mail and save the attachment to your desktop.
On the ish reply page hit Browse (level with filename).
Once the file is selected be sure to hit Add the file.

Hope this helps
Look forward to seeing your piccies

Martin

Millymollymandy

This is an old thread which might help

http://www.selfsufficientish.com/forum/ ... f=20&t=626

I don't know if you are trying to post a photo from your computer, or trying to post one that already exists on the internet i.e. a blog or on a photo hosting website.

As I said before, if it is on your computer, you just need to resize it and make it smaller.
You need to reduce the size of the photo first in a suitable software programme before trying to upload it from your computer. If the photo is 700 pixels wide max the picture should show on the forum pages, bigger than that and it will just come up as a link which has to be clicked on to view
That bit wasn't gobbledigook!
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/