Can anyone help with these mushrooms please...

Want your Mushroom ID? Ask here and also look at some of the old posts here to see what you might have. Make sure you use a field guide and triple check using google images.
gumbo
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Can anyone help with these mushrooms please...

Hello,
I have just been out and picked some mushrooms which I am no expert in doing and think i have some edible species but want to make sure before i make some food with them.....
I have just started and would like to do this again which is my reason for asking as I could not if i make a mistake!!

Any help would be greatly received and if your in the area you could even join me in the eating of them...

Thanks
gumbo
Attachments
here are the little fellows
here are the little fellows
DSC01072.jpg (194.19 KiB) Viewed 2500 times

Birdie Wife
Tom Good
Tom Good

Re: Can anyone help with these mushrooms please...

I think the yellow ones are False Chanterelles I'm afraid - the gills stop abruptly at the stem. They aren't worth eating - some people also have a more severe reactio to them and get quite upset stomachs.

Not sure about the others... sorry...

gumbo
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Birdie Wife wrote:I think the yellow ones are False Chanterelles I'm afraid - the gills stop abruptly at the stem. They aren't worth eating - some people also have a more severe reactio to them and get quite upset stomachs.

Not sure about the others... sorry...

Ahh well, I thought that they looked slightly different. I thought that A was an oyster as it was growing from wood and has characteristics of that and the other just baffled me so i picked em up!
thanks for the help..

maxmg
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

C is probably a clouded funnel cap (or clouded agaric, agaricus nebularis, or something like that). They're very common, can be quite large (10-15cm across the cap). Often found in large circles with broad leafed trees.

Whilst not poisonous, they can cause (severe?) stomach upsets in a significant number of people.

I can't make out enough details in the other ones to offer any advice on those.