Spray Deodorant

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
happyhippy
A selfsufficientish Regular

Spray Deodorant

I gave up using spray deodorant years ago,and had been using either a crystal one or roll on.Recently for whatever reason,I brought a spray deodorant.Now I know why I gave it up years ago!My god,does any of it end up on your underarms?I reckon I breathed most of it in.Disgusting stuff!I had applied it in the bathroom(windows were open)and left to go to my bedroom.Was gone for 10 minutes and when I returned to the bathroom,the air was still thick with deodorant!I'm not using it again but can't help wonder,if used on a regular basis,it can't be good to be breathing all of the stuff in surely?Have they ever conducted test for long term use?????

Clarry
Tom Good
Tom Good

Re: Spray Deodorant

I haven't used the stuff for years as it's horrid!
Hubby has recently started using the stuff though and it really aggravates my asthma and I can't stand the smell. Even half an hour after he's sprayed the air is still thick with the stuff. Eugh! Can't be good.

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

same here... hubby has just changed to roll on at my request... darned spray on stuff gets in your throat and eyes and everything :pukeright:

but my crystal ones keep breaking :( I mean they last over a year before they do but it is irritating when the block won't stay in the plastic case bit anymore.

Has anyone tried the (pump action) spray on crystal type? I think you just add water to the wee bottle until all the crystals have vanished.??
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Clarry
Tom Good
Tom Good

I used a pit rock but it started to really smell bad after about 6 months to the point I had to stop using it. I've since gone back to a roll on after trying a few of the lush deodorants (couldn't be bothered with all the faf with them).

gregorach

Deodorant (of any kind) is like shampoo - a product that you only need to use because you already use it, and the more you use it, the more you need to. Which is not to say that quitting is easy...
Cheers

Dunc

chickenchargrill
Living the good life
Living the good life

I just use a bicarb based dusting powder (with whatever EO infused) cheap, packaging free and works as well as any deodorant I've tried.

wabbit955
Living the good life
Living the good life

never use spray makes me squeeze
and only use it even now and then
did find the less you use it the less you need it
Darn that Wabbit