Lost my voice - again

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
Shirleymouse
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: 52.5
longitude: -1.9

Lost my voice - again

I work in a school so there tends to be quite a lot of germs about. I normally get one or two nasty colds during the school year but this term I've caught everything going - I am at home today, full of cold with a fever and head ache and aching arms and legs.

The worst thing is that every time I've been ill I've lost my voice - this has never happened before but I've had to take time off work because I just cannot speak - not much use for a teacher!

Can anybody suggest anything that would help? I make my own honey and lemon drink and I get through 2 litres of water every day as I keep a bottle handy to sip whilst at work. I'm also trying to drink herbal tea at break times instead of tea or coffee that contains caffeine. I'm starting to worry I might get nodules or something. :(

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re: Lost my voice - again

Invest in a bottle of Niaouli essential oil (same family as tea tree - Melaleuca). Make sure it's therapeutic grade not a cheap one.

You can add one drop to your 2l bottle of water - every day through autumn and winter (just make sure to shake it well each time you take a sip!). And if your throat is bad, as now, you can mix one drop with a tablespoon of honey and then swallow a little of it 3-4 x day (about a tspful).

It's an excellent broad spectrum anti-viral oil and quite gentle - and it doesn't taste too bad either!

Sage tea with honey is also excellent and peppermint tea will help bring down your fever.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Shirleymouse
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: 52.5
longitude: -1.9

Re: Lost my voice - again

Thank you for the advice. I went back to work today but luckily because of mock exams I had no lessons this afternoon and they let me bring some marking home to do, I'm just having a break. Think I'm on the mend but will def look out for Niaouli and give it a go :icon_smile: