Anybody Survived Taking Iron Tablets?

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
grahamhobbs
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Anybody Survived Taking Iron Tablets?

Just a small diversion, the mother of one of my girl friends a few years back was completely teetotal, never touched a drop in her life. Anyway she was in hospital and needed her iron levels boosting so the hospital suggested she took Guiness. She knew that in those days I was a great Guiness drinker, so after a week of being on the Guiness herself she rang and said 'I don't know how you can drink the stuff, after a week it tastes awful'. We asked 'what do you mean after a week?' She had been taking the Guiness like medicine, a teaspoonful each time out of the same bottle!

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

spider8

Oh dear.......sounds like the kind of thing my M-I-L would do, she's not big on common sense :roll: .
Life's a bitch and then you diet.

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

My sympathies. The symptoms of anaemia suck don't they. My doc doesn't agree that I am anaemic so I don't get any treatment or help. It was an accupuncturist that first diagnosed it. I can soon tell when I haven't taken my tablets for a day or so. I hope you get it under control soon.

Zoe

scrap
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

spider8 wrote:Oh dear.......sounds like the kind of thing my M-I-L would do, she's not big on common sense :roll: .
Ah, you're blessed with one of those too... :dontknow: ... :iconbiggrin:
My sympathies, and I wish you a speedy recovery.
''I'm riding a pig and trashing things,I dunno what else I'm supposed to do here.''
(My wife, while playing Lego pirates of the carribean.)

''If you open your mind too far your brain will fall out''

ina

I've had the Spatone recommended that Jellybean mentioned - it was fine (only had one sachet per day, though, so I don't know whether that would be enough for you). I don't think it's overly expensive here in UK.
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

flowertotmum
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

:wave: might be a bit late to help you..but as i have had severe anaemia over the yrs (only when expecting) i had a bad reaction to the pills and the doctor gave me injections..not nice and very painful :pale: ..last time he recommended fermasil..it looks like liquid rust and tastes like it too :pukeright: ..but i put mine in a pint of milk and had it that way..my iron level shot through the roof and i was told not to have anymore for a while :iconbiggrin: ..you can get it from the health food shop i think..but if not ask your gp...hope this helps
take care

spider8

Thanks flowertotmum and all of you for your words of help/wisdom etc. I have now stopped taking the damn things as I want my life back. After 8 weeks of sh***ing through the eye of a needle I want normality again. I don't see my doc for a bit as other things are ongoing (other tests for other problems :roll: ) but I'm going to wait until all the test results are back and see about it then and mention having that drink instead. Day two of no iron tablets and everything's back how it should be........I can go out now!

flowertotmum

spider8 wrote:Thanks flowertotmum and all of you for your words of help/wisdom etc. I have now stopped taking the damn things as I want my life back. After 8 weeks of sh***ing through the eye of a needle I want normality again. I don't see my doc for a bit as other things are ongoing (other tests for other problems :roll: ) but I'm going to wait until all the test results are back and see about it then and mention having that drink instead. Day two of no iron tablets and everything's back how it should be........I can go out now!

:lol: i know the feeling...have you tried mackesons stout..supposed to be the best...it helped with baby number 5..but then i got told off for having a tiny bit of it :roll: honestly you can't win at times..all the best to you though..if you want to try the fermasil i suugest sucking a penny for an hr ..coz thats what that shite tastes like :lol: :lol: ...
take care

spider8

Cheers flowertotmum, think I'd prefer the stout though :hugish: .

JillStephens7
Living the good life
Living the good life

Aaaaaaaaaaaargh the dreaded iron tablets :shaking:

I like Floradix but can't afford it all the time so take a bottle every couple of months or so. I take regular vitamins and minerals with iron in and try & have a big green fest at least a couple of times a week e.g. piles of spinach/ watercress. Broccoli, celery & apples juiced together are nice and solves the vit c problem. I always look bright eyed after a glass of that.

Oh and dippy eggs with soldiers which is ideal if you like to eat that when you're feeling rubbish anyway

Good luck, hope you get sorted soon x :sunny: