spots and wedding looming!

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
Shirleymouse
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: 52.5
longitude: -1.9

spots and wedding looming!

Help!!

I've had good skin all my life, even as a teenager. I am now 30 and my wedding is less than 3 months away and I suddenly seem to have acne - horrible white heads and red, blotchy skin :( . I really want to get rid of the spots before my wedding but what can I do?? I don't trust spot remedied from the shops as they seem to contain loads of alcohol which will make my skin really dry. Does anybody know anything a bit more natural and soothing I can use?

battybird
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: spots and wedding looming!

Have you tried aloe vera gel with tea tree oil in it? Also an emollient to cleanse your face will usually help especially if dryness is a problem...why not ask the pharmacist..they often have more natural remedies on the shelf that might work. Doublebase is a cream my mum uses when her skin is bad, there is a cream, shower gel and emollient too.. She gets it from the GP, but you might want to get GP to check anyway as a sudden eruption could have an infection as a cause. Hope you get it sorted :flower:
The cockerel makes the noise, the hen produces the goods!! anon

kit-e-kate
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Your breakout could be stress related, maybe. I got a MASSIVE spot just before my wedding, but it was magically disappeared under a ton of concealer! Not sure you'd want to do that if you've got a lots of spots developing, but it could be worth trying to de-stress....? :icon_smile:

fran
Living the good life
Living the good life

Hi, get yourself to a doctor he will be able to give you some cream/tablets. I know that you would rather go 'natural' but time for that after the wedding. I am sure that you want to look gorgeous in the photos. Good luck with the wedding :icon_smile:
Working towards living the dream on a barge.

my blog about the barge: http://www.fran-bonnieofclyde.blogspot.com

sheridand
Tom Good
Tom Good

I got a big zit for my big day too. I find my skin has got more sensitive as i've got older, and now the only stuff I use on my face is Oilatum soap, and Weleda Rose toner. That's it! Oilatum is lovely stuff for stopping your skin being too oily without drying it. I would also recommend not wearing any make up for a while and just giving your skin a rest. For a really big zit area I always like to put alow Vera on it direct , find yourself someone with a plant. It reduces redness really well.

Shirleymouse
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll get myself down the shops on Monday and start trying them out. On hols from work at the moment so it's a good opportunity to go without make up without frightening anyone!! :lol:

ajs88
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I was in exactly the same situation just a few months ago, a back full of spots and my big day looming, after searching for the perfect cover up I decided that I was just going to solve the problem instead. The most effective thing I did was go to a sauna/steam room as regularly as I could the day as it really cleans the skin out, and then a week beforehand I had a full natural mud body wrap thing which was brilliant and got rid of any redness left. It did cost me quite a bit of money £20 a pop and then £35 for the wrap but it could have cost even more to buy the perfect cover up, its quite a relaxing and stress busting thing to do and I felt so free to be able to wear a a low back dress and feel great

Carltonian Man

Could try cleaning from the inside too by drinking a daily mug of nettle tea (might need a spoon of honey in it at first). Finally got my wife onto this and now her skin looks younger than it has in years.
Good luck with the wedding SM :flower:

Shirleymouse
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Thank you, I like the sound of the mud wrap. I've never had nettle tea. Do you just use any nettles that are growing? (that sounds like a REALLY stupid question, sorry!!)

Carltonian Man

You can make tea by picking your own nettle-tops and drying them but perhaps the fresh new shoots from early in the season nettles are best (I'm sure someone on ish could tell you better than me). Most well stocked supermarkets sell ready made nettle tea bags (usually in a green and black box with a spoon on it) they're about 90p for 20 bags. Nettles work well at flushing toxins from the body and positive results can often be seen after only a week of drinking one a day. You can drink more but bear in mind nettles are a diuretic so it might result in getting up in the night if drunk late in the day.

ajs88
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Ive found the following link regarding a seaweed body wrap, i will post later once ive tried it :iconbiggrin:

http://www.aromantic.co.uk/seaweed-body-wrap-info.htm

Shirleymouse
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I think I'm going to book a seaweed wrap for a couple of weeks before the wedding. The nettle tea is going down nicely and I 've even got the other half drinking it so we both look pretty in the wedding pics! I had a hair trial yesterday which involved a lot of back combing and hairspray so this morning's challenge is how on earth to get my hair back to normal! After all the effort I've decided my hair looks better just loose and natural anyway :roll:

Tippychooks
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I've just started a thread on using nettles, I should have looked here too! Get a bottle of tea tree for dabbing on to any angry looking spots to shrink and disinfect them. Drink loads and loads of water and don't do any new detoxing or face packs right before the big day - anything you start is bound to make you break out!
Have you tried light steaming with herbs? Makes you sound like a piece of fish I know but facial steaming with mint, rosemary or thyme in the water helps to deep clean.