Conditioner

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
Brij
Living the good life
Living the good life

Conditioner

So I just finished a bottle of handmade banana and soy conditioner and it was blooming brilliant!

I was just wondering if anyone has any good conditioner recipes? If it includes banana, honey and/or vanilla; either keeps relatively well or can be made in small-ish quantities or can be whipped up without any chemicals or processes that can't be found in your average household, it gets extra points!
"Only after the last tree has been cut down,
Only after the last river has been poisoned,
Only after the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you realise that money cannot be eaten"

Cree Indian prophecy

My Blogette

lovelygreenleaves
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Re: Conditioner

Ooh, I'd love to know too! What did your banana and soy one have in it? I always wonder how to keep them fresh for long enough :scratch:

Brij
Living the good life
Living the good life

Umm, I don't know - label's already off the bottle!, but it was one of those handmade but branded things I picked up when clothes-shopping. So I don't think it is something I could re-create at home. But it had a nice banana-ey texture, so I think it had alot of banana in, and am tempted to just mash one up and whack it in and see what happens!
"Only after the last tree has been cut down,
Only after the last river has been poisoned,
Only after the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you realise that money cannot be eaten"

Cree Indian prophecy

My Blogette

JustInCase
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I use this recipe when I fancy a change from sweet almond oil/olive oil,

Blend 1/2 a banana, 1/4 avocado, 1/4 small melon, 1 tablespoon wheat germ or olive oil and 1 tablespoon yogurt. For extra conditioning, squeeze in the contents of a vitamin E capsule. Leave in hair for 15 minutes.

Mayonnaise works well too.

Lardyvegan
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

When you've washed your hair, use a capful of cider vinegar in a jugful of water as your last rinse. This neutralises the alkalinity of the shampoo, and helps stop your scalp becoming dry, reduces split ends, and gives really good shine. Back when I had long hair, I used this all the time! (no vinegar smell either, smells a bit like sea air)
Many were increasingly of the opinion that they'd all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that even the trees had been a bad move, and that no one should ever have left the oceans.