Home made skin toner

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
mew
Living the good life
Living the good life

Home made skin toner

Hi

I want to make my own skin toner since the one I use its ingredients are listed as Water and Lavender Essential Oil.

Not sure what the ratio is. Can anyone help? Dont want to overkill the oil you see.

Thanks
MEW xx

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re: Home made skin toner

It's unlikely that they only use lavender EO and water - most of the oil won't dissolve and floats.
An excellent skin toner is the water produced from making the EOs - called hydrolats or hydrosols. You can get them from places that sell good quality oils, in all sorts of "flavours" - rose, geranium, lavender, etc. They all have fantastic skincare properties so you just put a bit on coton wool and use neat - you can use them to drink, like an adult version of squash, and cook with them.
I love them, drink them daily and use them in many of my skincare products. Although they're not cheap they're not too expensive either (compared to high st product prices).
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

kathleen
Tom Good
Tom Good

I mix rosewater with a little bit of glycerine in a spray bottle - it's a wonderful toner!

mew
Living the good life
Living the good life

thanks ladies x

ina
A selfsufficientish Regular

Best skin toner ever: cold water...
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

hippy chick
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

I once made skin toner using equal parts alchol and glycerin and then adding a few drops of essential oils... lemon is my favourite to add to toner as it's so fresh!
Trying desperately to be an eco-warrior!!

farmerdrea
Living the good life
Living the good life

I collect rainwater and then heat it to steaming, add a big handful of calendula petals to about 1 litre of the rainwater while it's still steaming. Let sit till the water is cool, and strain out the petals. Add to pump spray bottle a few drops each of rose hip oil, lavender oil and tea tree oil and the contents of a capsule of vitamin e oil. I just shake it up each time I use it. I've been using this for about 2 years now and I love the results and the fragrance. The climate is harsh and drying here to close to the ozone hole, it's a real must.

Cheers
Andrea
NZ

LBR
Living the good life
Living the good life

I know someone who just uses green tea.

theabsinthefairy

I have been making my own skin toner for some years now and find that the best base is tea.

I make chamomile tea, steeped for a full five minutes, then add a couple of drops of tea tree oil for oily skin, then rose hip tea with a couple spoons of glycerine, also lavendar tea makes a fantastic toner. As long as you make the tea boiling hot and then keep in sealed airtight container they will keep for a few weeks, then once you start using them I find they have a shelf life of about 2 to 3 weeks, which is about right for the volume of liquid in a mug!
2010 is my year of projects - 365 days and 365 projects.

You can follow my progress on
absinthe fairy blog

my photos are avavilable here
absinthefairy

my shop is available here
mojaziemia

TheGoodEarth
Living the good life
Living the good life

What is skin toner? FYI - I am male. :?

lazyspice
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I've been using a 50/50 combo of witch hazel and rosewater for about 20 years - it works out quite cheap, smells lovely and doesn't dry out my skin :thumbright:

healer
Tom Good
Tom Good

Try eating it instead - a few walnuts, walnut oil on lettuce (very nice) or olive oil. I'm told brazil nuts are good too but expensive. Then its not wasted earth resources!

Ron and Jean
Tom Good
Tom Good

You could make your own lavender aromatic water by adding lavender essential oil to water (50 drops per 100ml). Leave it for a week or so in a dark place (in a glass bottle ans essential oils can corrode plastic) and then run it through a paper coffee filter to remove the excess oil. It would be lovely as a mist spray.

imoet
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

not sure either but cucumber slices are great for puffy or tired eyes &
honey, lime & oat facial scrub is an indian mix I found in a library book .the quakersprobably approve & Hendricks gin with cucumber is great too :mrgreen: [/color]!!

Broad Bean
Tom Good
Tom Good

I make my own by steeping dried rose petals in hot water, straining and using. Works a treat and as the petals are dried I can make it all year.