Tour de Presteigne and Green Wheels 2008

Cycling, trains, walking. This is the place to talk about how good or bad cycle routes are, mention great train journeys, talk about car sharing schemes or husky travel. Anything in fact that is about transport that is a little alternative.
MrsD'ville
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Tour de Presteigne and Green Wheels 2008

Just thought I'd mention this. It's 17th & 18th May, and from what I understand is a good opportunity to take a nose at electric bikes and other forms of alternative transport, as well as a country lane bike ride and the electric bike Tour de Presteigne. There's more about it on the Presteigne website http://www.presteigne.org.uk/Organisati ... gid---4013 We're toodling along as we live just up the hill from Presteigne, looks like it'll be a great weekend :bom:

Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular

Sounds great - let us know how it goes.

I went to an eco weekend in Presteigne a few years ago and it was excellent!! We use to stay near Hay on Wye.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

ina

Why do I always think when I read that name that it's in France? :?
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

MrsD'ville
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

No, it's not in France, it's at the bottom of our hill in sunny Herefordshire/Powys, depending on where it suits me to live on any given day :flower:

We're off to the electric bike exhibition this afternoon which Mr D is particularly excited about. I quite fancy one of those little tent type trailers for wee ones which goes on the back of a bike for when this little one arrives, but Presteigne's traffic is such a muddle that I think I'd rather be on foot with a pushchair so I can leap out of the way when necessary! :mrgreen:

Shirley

MrsD'ville wrote: Presteigne's traffic is such a muddle that I think I'd rather be on foot with a pushchair so I can leap out of the way when necessary! :mrgreen:
Can't say I blame you for that! :wink:
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/