Raleigh Twenty help, please?

Cycling, trains, walking. This is the place to talk about how good or bad cycle routes are, mention great train journeys, talk about car sharing schemes or husky travel. Anything in fact that is about transport that is a little alternative.
damekiri
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Raleigh Twenty help, please?

As I've already said in a different thread, I have a dodgy old Raleigh Twenty. I have come to the conclusion that I have a puncture in the back (and possibly front) tyre, but the problem here is that I am on a super tight budget. I have neither a pump (I got the bike on freecycle and it came without one, unfortunately), not any idea what the old fashioned type of valve is on my wheels to get a new pump. I could replace the innertubes but they are also fairly expensive (on my budget) as I'd have to replace both, so I was mainly just wondering if anyone knew what kind of valve it is on the tyres so I can possibly fix the innertubes, get a new pump and keep these ones a bit longer.

Sorry if this is a bit confused sounding! Hope it makes sense! Thanks all!

John Headstrong

Re: Raleigh Twenty help, please?

I often find that one bike is not enough, try to find another for spares, a old BMX is what you are after due to the 20" inch wheels, try asking at the local dump/ recycling centre, around here there are often dumped BMXes along the old railway track.

and in case you have not already found this page http://www.sheldonbrown.com/raleigh-twenty.html

Sheldon Brown is the man for all bike knowledge

damekiri

Re: Raleigh Twenty help, please?

Hi!
Thanks. My boyfriend had a look and apparently I had done something wrong, there was no puncture after all... Hehe whoops! I found out which pump adapter I needed though, it's a woods, apparently. Well, problem solved nonetheless! I can't wait til my bike maintenance course comes round so I can be rather less inept with my bike!