Christmas Letter

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
mrsflibble
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

Christmas Letter

my parents always get a christmas letter from their neighbours, even though since an argument over boundary issues which nearly ended up in court they're not really on speaking terms... I thought I'd send oyu all my own. I've used a sort of "madlib" pre-written type and all the bits in capitals are where I added our own stuff.

From The OLIVER Family
Christmas, 2007

Greetings, Friends!

Well, it's been another WEIRD year in the OLIVER household! So much has happened, it's hard to know where to begin! And where to end!!! But gosh, if there's one thing you could say about the OLIVER family it's that we're always willing to dive right in, so here goes:

We know you're wondering what our LITTLE BALL OF TERROR is up to. Well we're surely proud the top of his/her class in BEING A BL8DY PEST (out of a total of ONE students!), and this in addition to his/her ongoing CLIMBING OVER EVERYTHING AND LEARNING HOW TO SWEAR victories! And you can guess whose side of the family that comes from!

Our trip to WILTSHIRE last APRIL was a resounding sucess DUE TO THE INCREDIBLY CHEAP TRAIN FARE! GOD BLESS GREAT WESTERN EMPLOYEE AND SPOUSE DISCOUNTS.
Everyone was so friendly (perhaps they couldn't tell we were tourists!), and we learned a lot of history. We even tried their national dish CORNISH PASTIES FROM THE WEST CORNWALL PASTY SHOP ON PADDINGTON STATION PLUS FREE FOOD FROM THE GREAT WESTERN TRAIN BUFFET CAR WHEN JAMES SHOWED HIS STAFF I.D.

Our political views are steadfast, we deplore THE BBC'S DECISION TO BACK OUT OF THE "NEIGHBOURS"* RACE AND LET IT FALL TO THOSE BL8DY CAPITALIST B*ST*RDS AT CHANNEL 5 (and who could not?) and we applaud whatever progress has been made towards HANGING OUR T**T OF AN EX PRIME MINISTER. Hopefully we will see those seeds of change grow into trees in the coming year.

We are truly sorry that with our busy, busy lives we haven't been able to find the time to be in touch with each and every one of you, but we're so much in demand and there are so very very very many of you. But you are in our thoughts.
We sincerely hope that your holidays are truly joyous, whether or not your family has had the good fortune to be as happy and successful as ours!

With warmest personal regards,
EMMA, JAMES, SOPHIE, THE ALOE VERA FARM ON THE KITCHEN WINDOWSILL
(and THE TEENY TINY CATFISHES!!)

*non UK residents google "neighbours soap bbc channel 5 uk"
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Russian Doll

oooh madam im sulking now...your best friend and i dont even get a mention

tea strops of to drink her entire coke supply and hide the teabags :lol:

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

even you should know that xmas letters only contain crap the family has done over the past year, if I included all our shenannigans we'd be here all night missy-moo!!
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Kev
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Hehe, Never heard of neighbour Xmas letters before. Thats crazy :lol:

Russian Doll

mrsflibble wrote:even you should know that xmas letters only contain crap the family has done over the past year, if I included all our shenannigans we'd be here all night missy-moo!!

hummph...well okay then i suppose you have a little point :lol: