TEAM "TRIM TAUT & TERRIFIC" seeks support

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
The Chili Monster
A selfsufficientish Regular

Cheers, Fee FairyImage
"Rich, fatty foods are like destiny: they too, shape our ends." ~Author Unknown

Support Team "Trim Taut & Terrific"

Boots

Ok. Am going to be travelling away for 2 weeks and will be getting up early and finishing late - Which is not usual, my any means.

Will still check in at night - but have been thinking about how I tackle this. There will be a major temptation, I think to eat fast as the days will be long.

So I figure i need to plan some meals to take with me on the road. While salads seem the obvious thing, I am already cringing at how they will travel in this heat.

Any suggestions for healthy eating while travelling 14 hour days?
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schultz

Millymollymandy

the.fee.fairy wrote:Also, i owe you apologies too Chilli - i thought you were a bloke as well!!
Damn these androgynous names!
Glad I'm not the only one!

I'll sponsor you £5 each but you must attain half your target or I won't pay out!

Now if you were blokes I'd say I want to see before and after photos, but as you are all girls I would not be so mean!

Shirley

Right.... I'd like some healthy eating ideas that don't include raw fruit and veg because I have an allergic reaction to these. I LOVE salad but can't eat it - :cry:

I like cornflakes for breakfast, or porridge and if I have toast I tend to have jam but not butter.

It's also winter food time over here - soups, stews etc. The funny thing is, that I don't actually EAT that much - ok, I do the binge on the chocolate and cheese every month but that's it really. I'm going to up the ante on the exercise stakes and once J goes back to nursery I'll aim to walk for at least half an hour each day while he's there. Going for walks WITH J don't amount to much in the way of exercise because you have to walk at toddler pace.

I got the car back yesterday - YAY... and J was all excited about going to nursery today - but it's an in service day (teachers go in and learn but the kids stay home) Typical huh.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

shiney

Millymollymandy wrote:
the.fee.fairy wrote:Also, i owe you apologies too Chilli - i thought you were a bloke as well!!
Damn these androgynous names!
Glad I'm not the only one!

I'll sponsor you £5 each but you must attain half your target or I won't pay out!

Now if you were blokes I'd say I want to see before and after photos, but as you are all girls I would not be so mean!
How about the girlies taking a picture and keeping it to themselves and when they've achieved their goals take another then show us?

I thought Chilli was a fella too. :oops:
If in doubt ~ use a hammer!

http://greeningup.blogspot.com/

The Chili Monster

Shirlz wrote:
I'd like some healthy eating ideas that don't include raw fruit and veg because I have an allergic reaction to these
How about stir-fry?

The funny thing is, that I don't actually EAT that much
Actually, I tend to believe it's the little things we do or don't do rather than the one or two major indulgences we engage in that causes the damage.

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

how about a flask with some stew in it shirlz. I like taking flasks of hot stuff out with me when i go walking, and they keep hot for ages!

Or some hearty home-made soup (i always find home-made much more filling than shop-bought).

The Chili Monster

Gespacho (limit the quotient of croutons, though).
Cous cous salad (onions, peppers, garlic, spices, chick peas or other legumes mixed in).

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Boots wrote:Bugger. Body is sore and have been very active today... Feet are hurting, as is back.

but I need to speak with our resident nutritionist quite urgently. Anyone seen Dave?

Um...I need to know the nutritional value of cookies and cream cheese cake.... :oops:
Ooops.
Er I could probally anwser that but I am sure you would not want to know. I asked Dave if he had given any advice to team terrific earlier on today and what did he anwser. "oh hadn't seen that" :banghead: well resident nutritionist is aware and ready to help how :lol:
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

I knew CM was a girl!

how does this sponsorship thing work?

I should go for the home team and support Boots.

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Boots

YAY!!!!

I knew the Aussie's would come in batting for an international comp... :cheers: Good on ya, Nev. Gotta do it for Aus now!

Now things are really heating up, Chilli! :mrgreen:

...Having said that...It's Saturday here, and I just checked the scales. Moved my head to the left and right, stared at it for ages, and while I think the little red line is edging to the left... technically it still says 75kg. :?

[sigh]

So, hopefully the other girls will have better results for our first week (or half week or whatever it is...) GO GIRLS!

*mutter, mutter, bloody cheesecake, mutter mutter*
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schultz

The Chili Monster

Should have run a book on my gender, Boots. SSish would be rolling in it by now!Image

Will be weighing myself on Monday.

Shirley

ok.. we need some sponsors from the aberdeenshire lot... or at least the UK!!!

I'm hopping on the scales RIGHT now... and I'm weighing in at 11.1 stone or 70.4 kg

We had monkey nuts, and p999j and purpledragon here today - I suppose I should have got someone to witness my weight but hey... I didn't so - tough :) You'll just have to trust me.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

The Chili Monster

Shiney and the Fee.Fairy are sponsoring us, with Cir3ngirl pledging to raid her penny jar and the back of her sofa. MMM is sponsoring us from Brittany.

Millymollymandy

Come on everyone, Team TT&T needs your help!