Workplace question

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
daffodiltulip
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Workplace question

Company has allowed someone to sell some items in order to buy a piece of equipment that has some use, but not much. We have also been told there isn't money available to buy a much needed replacement machine, that costs more that the other one, but the funds of which could have been put towards the more necessary machine. There used to be a sign with some company blurb saying how they provide equipement to allow work to be done, etc. Bearing all that in mind, do I have a leg to stand on to demand the equipment that is of more help to the staff?

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re: Workplace question

It's difficult to give any sort of answer with such little information. I appreciate you may not feel able to give that.

All I can say is that if the equipment is a matter of Health and Safety then you almost certainly have rights. Otherwise I wouldn't know.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

doofaloofa
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

If there is a case to be made for an increase in productivity on the back of the new machine the figures should speak for themselves
ina wrote: die dümmsten Bauern haben die dicksten Kartoffeln

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Is this person selling assets of the company off or their own items in order to raise money