Solitaire

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Brewtrog
Living the good life
Living the good life

Solitaire

Don't know where else to put this, so here shall do.
Does anyone know any good single player games? Preferably something I can carry round and play anywhere, even better if I don't have to buy anything, top marks if I only need my brain (what little there is) or body. I already know one hand solitaire and (the one I prefer) decade to play with cards. Any other ideas?

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Solitaire

This is a huge collection of solitaires to play on your computer - a lot of them for playing cards. It's as clean as a whistle in terms of malware and it's totally free. I use it often when I'm sleepless and bored.

http://pysolfc.sourceforge.net/

You need Python on your machine for it to run, but you can download that easily. Just run a game and, if you like it, note down the rules and carry a pack of playing cards. Or if you have a tablet computer, Bob's your uncle.

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

Brewtrog
Living the good life
Living the good life

I've got pysol actually. I was more looking for something I can take out and about. I've not got a smart phone and I don't want one either, so apps are useless.

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

There is another version of Solitaire (We call the card game Patience) which is a little game with pegs, you can get travel versions.

Thomzo
A selfsufficientish Regular
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Not a game but I'm totally addicted to Zentangling. You do need a pen and something to draw on. I keep a little collection of old business cards with me and zentangle on the back when I need a quick pick me up.

doofaloofa

I'm partial to a sudoku puzzle
ina wrote: die dümmsten Bauern haben die dicksten Kartoffeln

Brewtrog
Living the good life
Living the good life

Thomzo wrote:Not a game but I'm totally addicted to Zentangling. You do need a pen and something to draw on. I keep a little collection of old business cards with me and zentangle on the back when I need a quick pick me up.
What is zen tangling?

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Hi - It's a form of controlled doodling. Much easier to illustrate than explain. There are loads of examples on google images or Pinterest.

Crastney
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

kakuro are good for testing the mind - kind of like soduko but not quite - more additions and permutations.
cats cradle was something my dad tried to teach me but I think you need two people - it's string around the fingers to make interesting shapes.
Do you have a scrabble set? - pick 7 letters at random from the bag, and write them on the top of a piece of paper, then any spare moments, take out paper and pen, and try to create as many words as you can from just those 7 letters. Change letters each day.

If you did have a smart phone or tablet, I'd suggest 'bend the laser' and 'train yard'

how about learning origami?
Global average carbon emissions - one ton per person per year.
Current emissions in UK – 9 tons per person per year!