How to Home Educate in Ireland

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Potter's Farm
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

How to Home Educate in Ireland

I am considering home educating my 9 year old, I have no idea if I have to register somewhere, or if I have to follow the standard curriculum and will she have to take tests at the end of the school year?

She's a very bright girl, who was well advanced when we moved here from the UK. She did brilliantly in 1st and 2nd class. However, having just completed 3rd class, being taught by the headmaster I might add, she has slipped behind shockingly. I have started her on a summer of learning with me (it was the first day of summer holidays today) and my husband suggested home schooling her permanently, especially as she has the master again next year.

I would be eternally grateful for and advice on what I should do next.

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to Home Educate in Ireland

There was a very interesting item on the Matt Cooper show a couple of weeks ago, a couple are home educating their children and they are encountering all sorts of problems, it might be on a podcast http://media.todayfm.com/listenback/98/monday/3/popup
found them on Facebook home education support fund