Estate Agents

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Pumpkin&Piglet
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 56 degrees North
longitude: 2 degrees West

Estate Agents

I'm looking for quite specific help if anyone can offer it.

We recently left a house we were renting. It was owned by a private landlord and all our dealings went through an estate agent. All the dealings are legal, we've paid all our rent, not done anything wrong etc etc - nothing dodgey going on!

The estate agents however were awful. They were rude, seemingly couldn't read or write or remember conversations, made countless mistakes and then blamed us. They tried to blame us for things to get money from us. They did not do their job properly or stick to their own contracts at all. Out of all this my main concern is their rudeness both in person and through action.

If you're going to be shit at your job that's one thing but if you're then going to blame me for that then I take it personally.

What can I do? I was caused a lot of stress by them - a lot. Maintenance on the house was not carried out, and they claim to have no record of us reporting anything, despite us doing so. I think we can find emails that we sent but we didn't record any telephone conversations because we're not nuts!

I'm not totally sure what I want done, I just know how upset I am and how unacceptable I find it all. Maybe I ought to simply forget about it? I am very cross though!! :angryfire: :lol:

thethriftysquirrels
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Re: Estate Agents

Have a word with The Property Ombudsman http://www.tpos.co.uk/make_complaint_rents.htm.

They may be able to give you some guidence...sometimes just having a good moan in the right ear is enough to ease the stress of it all!

Good luck!

Donna
It wasn't until late in life that I discovered how easy it is to say, 'I don't know.' W. Somerset Maugham

My blog: http://thethriftysquirrels.co.uk please take a look and enter the competition!

Pumpkin&Piglet
Living the good life
Living the good life

Thank you. If nothing else this website has a list of suggestions and a clear process to follow. I've been told something like this was out there but I never know what exactly to go for and what to ignore. I'm a bit weary of believing everything I see online!

thethriftysquirrels

I think its very wise to be wary, you just don't know these days do you? I have just noticed that your location is near Stroud...I'm from Cheltenham originaly...not a million miles away!
It wasn't until late in life that I discovered how easy it is to say, 'I don't know.' W. Somerset Maugham

My blog: http://thethriftysquirrels.co.uk please take a look and enter the competition!

Crickleymal
Living the good life
Living the good life

It isn't Castle Estates is it? We had trouble with them in Milton Keynes back in the 90s
Malc

High in the sky, what do you see ?
Come down to Earth, a cup of tea
Flying saucer, flying teacup
From outer space, Flying Teapot

boboff
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Poor customer service is a nightmare.

These people will be found out one day.

My worry is that, if you are out of it now, going for a fight will just prelong your anger, hurt, and dispondancy.

Sometimes the Coward of the County lives a longer and happier life!

It has to be your decision obviously, but any fight "for the principal" in my experience NEVER ends well!
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

Pumpkin&Piglet
Living the good life
Living the good life

I agree, it's just hard to think rationally at the moment!

I will probably leave it - everyone sees the consequences of their actions!

It's nice just to vent a little though and receive a little support, thanks :hugish: