The Great Mosquito War 2012

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
patR
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Re: The Great Mosquito War 2012

Warm up a small jar full of olive oil, then add a good splurge of citronella essential oil, a tablespoon size piece of beeswax stir till it melt and take off heat , leave to set . Apply every couple of hours... works a treat.
My OH get bitten by anything that can get near... he puts this on and it really helps...
http://www.crazyfeetfootwear.com
for something just a little bit different

Sophie_Chillie
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Mustardseedmama wrote:Garlic. I take "no-odor" garlic capsules in the summer, 2 or three per day (one with each meal), and when I take them I rarely get bitten.
I've heard garlic is an excellent deterrent too.
I was always told dark clothes attract them more than light - not sure if this isn't an old wives tale though? :flower:

battybird
A selfsufficientish Regular

Pyridoxine..vitamin B6 is supposed to be a good deterrent, but you have to take it long term, a year+ . Suppose this is why marmite works.I had one of those electic zapper bats which was fun but I can never see them...first thing I know is when I start itching or feel the bite! Best thing about the bat was that it seemed to be a male thing that they have to test it..I just trust it to work but Dave has to touch it and get the blue zap!
The cockerel makes the noise, the hen produces the goods!! anon

battybird

Just found this...http://www.care2.com/greenliving/mosqui ... ening.html which gives some more ideas. The Vit B6 seems a bit contraversial...those that swear by it and those that dont! The other thing is to check if it is safe if you have pre-exisiting medical conditions.
Good luck Fee.fee the ****** love me too. :scratch:
The cockerel makes the noise, the hen produces the goods!! anon