Share your successes 2012

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Susie
A selfsufficientish Regular

Share your successes 2012

OK, perhaps a bit late for a new year thread ;-).

I don't know about you but 2011 was a bit so-so for me, so this year I'm going to (try to) concentrate on the positive :cheers:. (Apologies to any of you reading this who have just broken various bones etc, I know in some situations the positive is a bit harder to come by).

So....... share your 2012 successes, big and small, with the idea that if we celebrate them they might multiply!

So far in 2012 I am pleased with:

Got a new job with really nice people and I actually look forward to going to work,
Took up a new hobby (painting) and think it might be fun,
Decluttered via ebay so now we have a slightly emptier house and more money :cheers: .

Your turn?
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

MuddyWitch
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

Re: Share your successes 2012

After a really unpleasent 2011, I'm finally well enough to restart my life. :iconbiggrin:

So far I've built up my morning dog walks back to 1 1/2 to 2 miles, begun reclaiming the garden from the weeds, and restarted the loft conversion DIY.

MW
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!

sammyh
Tom Good
Tom Good
latitude: 0 0 0
longitude: 51 38 28

I have made bread you can actually eat and enjoy and does not break your teeth! Hurrah! although tonights pittas are looking decidely odd

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

i emigrated finally, hopfully for the last time, back to macedonia where we have a seemingly never ending list of stuff to do this year regarding finnishing rennovating the house and starting to turn to selfsufficiency by producing our own fruit, veg, dairy and meat. but its too cold just now for any of that, we're buried under a meter of snow at the moment! but as soon as the snow clears and we have a full week of sunshine forcasted we will be knocking down the rest of the old roof to replace it with a nice new one thats not going to collapse on us :)
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

Millymollymandy

I finished my jumper that I started knitting in 2010! :cheers:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Susie

Go everyone! Think what we'll be able to do when we actually have nice weather! :cheers: :grouphug:
Millymollymandy wrote:I finished my jumper that I started knitting in 2010! :cheers:
I've just found it on your blog. I'm really impressed ;-).
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

Millymollymandy

Susie wrote:
Millymollymandy wrote:I finished my jumper that I started knitting in 2010! :cheers:
I've just found it on your blog. I'm really impressed ;-).
Thanks very much Susie :hugish: although it's your fault really, you shouldn't have started that thread where you wanted a kick up the bum to finish off your blanket thingy. It made me feel guilty. :lol:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Susie

Well, now I need a kick up the bum to finish a shawl thingy ;-). I shall be very quiet though, because who knows what else you've got lurking in your cupboard...
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

Lost-in-the-Day
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I am seriously hoping I don't jinx the hell out of myself by being pleased with what I have achieved so far, so here goes-

Getting started on the allotment with some real progress.
Having worked hard enough and saved enough for the bank to approve me for a mortgage!
Provisionally having found a house and had an offer accepted on it.
Stop Animal Cruelty this Christmas- http://lost-in-the-day.blogspot.com/201 ... stmas.html

boboff

Well this week I am really pleased with planting out about 400 raspberry canes, 40 Roses, 30 box, 40 blackcurrant, 40 goji berries, 100 Lemon Mint, a couple of big hop plants, 10 lavender, some Sea Stattice and some Rhubarb and comfrey, all made from seeds, division or cuttings. It's the initial planting of a Forest Garden along the front of the house which has meant me planning ahead, getting the council to agree to a movement of a footpath, and laying down black membrane to kill the grass for about 8 months, as well as my initial design being framed with willow which I planted last year, all in front of the new patio we made last year, and underneath the new balcony we built last year as the old one rotted away, so all in all it feels like I have planted a garden! The total size is probably 50 mtrs by 8 meters, running along the river bank, and I think it will look lush, and hopefully be a massive area of productive fruit production for years to come!

I get dispondant with Gardening, and seeing the coming together of allot of work over the last couple of years makes me feel Epic!
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

sleepyowl

Planted 3 fruit trees an eating cherry, a cooking cherry & a plum tree & have finally bought a compst bin after the one I made didn't do too well. Also I created a vegetarian recipe that my OH really likes & has asked for again (he's a hardened carnivour)
Organiser of the Rainbow Moot for LGBT Pagans in the West Midlands
http://robstacey.blogspot.co.uk/

kit-e-kate
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

boboff wrote:Well this week I am really pleased with planting out about 400 raspberry canes, 40 Roses, 30 box, 40 blackcurrant, 40 goji berries, 100 Lemon Mint, a couple of big hop plants, 10 lavender, some Sea Stattice and some Rhubarb and comfrey, all made from seeds, division or cuttings. It's the initial planting of a Forest Garden along the front of the house which has meant me planning ahead, getting the council to agree to a movement of a footpath, and laying down black membrane to kill the grass for about 8 months, as well as my initial design being framed with willow which I planted last year, all in front of the new patio we made last year, and underneath the new balcony we built last year as the old one rotted away, so all in all it feels like I have planted a garden! The total size is probably 50 mtrs by 8 meters, running along the river bank, and I think it will look lush, and hopefully be a massive area of productive fruit production for years to come!

I get dispondant with Gardening, and seeing the coming together of allot of work over the last couple of years makes me feel Epic!
That sounds like its going to be amazing! Photos please?

boboff

Indeed, but not now, Muddy twigs in mud is not a good look!
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

Chaldeonmenthe
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

So far this year I have..... Birthed a healthy baby boy; created, dug and planted my first three veg beds; packaged and sold about 750kg of excess honey from my hubby's bee keeping hobby that has gotten a little bit out of control; built some pens for the milk goats (which used to be the reason I had no vegie patches); and managed to stay sane with three children under three. I am feeling pretty proud of myself.

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Chaldeonmenthe wrote:So far this year I have..... Birthed a healthy baby boy; created, dug and planted my first three veg beds; packaged and sold about 750kg of excess honey from my hubby's bee keeping hobby that has gotten a little bit out of control; built some pens for the milk goats (which used to be the reason I had no vegie patches); and managed to stay sane with three children under three. I am feeling pretty proud of myself.
Wow - ok. I give up. Nothing to match that. Oh, I did move the chickens into the new hen house that I was given last May :roll: big mistake, they haven't laid an egg since they moved in.

And, today, I have finally got around to covering the seats of the dining chairs that I was given an couple of years ago. Just need to finish stripping the horrid old varnish and glueing the frames back together.

Zoe