How Rude!

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Susie
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: How Rude!

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:44 pm

Definitely rude not to have at least an acknowledgment - how would you know if he'd got it or not? The PA could have got caught up in an emergency and forgotten (I mean I'm sure they didn't, but you do need an acknowledgment that it's been received and accepted).
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

clanpowell
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:39 am

Finnally got an answer/reply today. Apparently he wrote to me last week (9 days ago) it's just been sat on his PAs desk. I am now struggling with the good and bad sides of my karma/understanding. Either I've misjudged the man, parlty influenced by others past experiences. Or he's talking bullocks!!! Oh well one way or the other it's all resovled and I'm trying to decide if I care as I'm leaving anyway.

happyhippy

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:47 am

I think I would pay the Head a visit and ask him if he has recieved your notice.If he says he has it might prompt a response,same as if he has'nt recieved it.The suspense would kill me so I would have to ask him.

clanpowell
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:55 pm

It gets better. Finally got a reply today in writing. Put in my pigeon hole which was lucky really as the address on the top was wrong! Also it was dated yesterday so the claim it was sent to me last week was in fact a lie. Now think my decision to leave was most definately the correct one.

Thomzo

Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:11 pm

When I left a certain company a few years ago, I had to have a compromise agreement. It was drawn up by my employers' solicitors. When I (eventually) received it, it not only had the wrong name at the top of the agreement but it had been sent to an address that I had moved out of a year earlier (and they definitely knew that I had moved).

Zoe
Think globally, shop locally
Check out my blog at http://designedbyzoe.blogspot.com/
http://www.thomzo.co.uk