Weight loss group 2012

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Spanderholic
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Re: Weight loss group 2012

GRRRRRR >.< I am so annoyed!!!
I put a couple of kgs on at Christmas time, and just went away for the past 2 weeks with my family on holiday. That = copious alcohol and crappy food. I should have moderated how much I had! I was down to 80kg but now I think I'm closer to 85 :(
But on the plus side, I did do plenty of walking and I climbed a mountain while I was away, so maybe the weight will just fall off with a couple of weeks of steady gym work and healthier food. I must stay positive! I want to get down to 79kgs before I go back to uni, which is in about a month, and I will do it!

demi
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

iv been hovering up and down by 1lb coz iv been crap and not sticking to anything and having lots of binges the past few weeks.
finally think iv given myself a hard enough kick up the back side this time, hopfully i can keep it up.
still 9st 8lbs today but hoping to break out of this barrier and get down to 9st 7lbs by friday.
got 2 and a bit weeks to go till we emigrate back to macedonia for good, was hoping i could loose some weight in time for that.
ill be seeing friends and family iv not seen in over a year, using that as motivation, hopfully i wont be so much fatter that i was that last time i saw them before i was pregnant!
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

demi

sunday weigh in:

9st 7lbs / 133lbs / 60kg

yes! yes! yes! i finally made it down 1lb! haha! after weeks of stagnation. just goes to show, a little effort does pay off :)

iv got 2 weeks and 1 day till we leave for macedonia. if i can loose 1lb a week by then ill be happy. if i can loose more than that ill be extatic! :)

yeay!!!!!

:) :) :)

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

eco-mick
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Very naughty week here for me - must be a stress lol - when offered a brew at the shops how can I refuse. so thats 2 brews, then it was the chocolate and cheescake! And a slack week with the attack of bordom at work (thank gawd I do a decent veggie pack up that I can stick in the Mircowave).

Good ridance that I didn't gain any weight to be honest... so still on the 17st barrier.

Edit: I had a midweek weigh in on wed/thurs and that said I gained 1.5lbs to 239.5lbs... and I panic'd - refocused - well crack on and try again.

Big Al

I'm back,

wrist slit open and had a look inside my hand and it was quite cool. No bones but I could see the muscles and tendond move when I moved my fingers. Still got the bandages on until ity gets re dressed on Friday but getting a nit more use out of it.

So then who's been good and who's been a bit lack??

I guess I fall into the latter cat as I've put on 2 pounds in last two weeks.

Must follow mick and re focus.

Alan
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

another in the slackers camp here :(

guess i shouldnt have finished up the christmas chocolates last night!

have put on 1 1/2 pounds

*must try harder*

prison break fan

Me too in the slackers camp! My walking is going really well, but I come back starving! Any quick fill you up tips would be gratefully received! pbf.

Spanderholic

Grr, more weight put on, though in this case I think its muscle as my calves and thighs are starting to firm up. Still, annoying >.<

eco-mick
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Mid-Week weigh in - horrah!!! back on track, its amazing what the body can do and tricks it has up the sleeve! - on sunday I went back up to 239.8lbs - today its 236.4lbs and I ain't done nothing to change my ways on eating - however:

Yesterday was a eye opener to show how lazy I was in past life - never more. The car had to go into the garage for it major 80k service and sort out a few niggles thats caused my mpg to drop from high 60's to 48mpg! - I knew about the engine mount on its last legs (replacement on order) but it turns out the handbrake cable was sticking - no wonder. Anyhow, while the car is in the garage I thought how do I get home and back to the garage later to pick up the car. Buses are useless here in this town so bike it was - out came the bike carrier for the car and cleaned down the bike, got out the bike kiddie trailer too.

What a joy!

Dropped car off, quick ride to Wilkco's around the corner - parked bike up in the stand, broke down the trailer and locked it all together. 30min later did all of my shopping in town (forgot my bags so was carrier 5 bags of shopping - "doh!") and collected my missed post at the main post office. Rebuilt the trailer, placed it all in said trailer, hook it up to the bike and away I am gone - took me 13-4min to get back home when I got going - checked it all out on the bike planner website and that said I did 2miles! woohoo, yes had jelly legs. But it shows how lazy we can get, modern things designed to make life easier can sometimes take more time to do. Now if I took the car - I would have to faff about in the traffic, find a parking space, pay 50p for the parking and then I would do my shopping - would have taken twice as long.

Monday next week I going to bike it to the furthest supermarket in this town up a 120m high hill which is 7 miles round trip (no way would I be able to bike up that hill... but will be a excellent treat coming down :D - best make sure the brakes work lol)

demi

sunday weight in

9st 6lbs / 132lbs / 59.9kg

im suprised iv lots another pound as i had the biggest bindge last night. i ate a whole packet of chocolate brioche, 8 in total, 7 chocolate chip cookies, a 500g bar or fruit and nut dairy milk chocolate, 2 big packets of walkers cheese and onion crisps....... i think that was it. this was all within an hour, sat in front of the telly, after my dinner. not good.
so im on fruit and diet coke today and im trying to get on my excercise bike as much as possible to try to burn it off.
mmm yummy oranges for breakfast!

got 8 days left in scotland, i can loose another pound by then. once we get home ill be taking the dog ands the kids out every day, although there is deep snow there at the moment and its like - 20 degrees ...........as soon as the snow clears up i will be out, and im going to start jogging with the dog again.

demi

prison break fan wrote:Me too in the slackers camp! My walking is going really well, but I come back starving! Any quick fill you up tips would be gratefully received! pbf.

eat LOTS of fruit, it fills you up and its low calorie and imensly good for you. try making a smoothie with a selection of fruit and a splash of fruit juice in the blender. eg. 1 apple, 1 pear, a few red grapes, a few strawberries, a few raspberries and the juice of 2 oranges. yummy! and VERY filling. this makes loads and its only about 250 calories.
when i get peckish between meals i have a hot drink, either hot chocolate made with skimmed milk and 1tsp of chocolate powder, or tea/coffee. i find that the hotness fools your stomach into thinking its had a hot meal :iconbiggrin: i can keep myself going like this all day, hot drinks and fruit. :cheers:

boboff

Ok.
Christmas is officially over now, it is a month you know!

So Fat Bob is now 18st 10.4Lb's! Thats about 7lb heavier than before the Festivities!

Goal is 15 st, and I am planning on getting Lazer Eye surgery done when I reach that goal, so I will be able to see the weight coming off!

Low Fat / low calorie is the plan, and exercise. Menu all planned for this week, fingers crossed.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

Keaniebean

Not a good couple of weeks for me. I had a nice little routine going and then I get bronchitis :pale:

So for the last two weeks I haven't been walking or done my new Wii fit bigest looser game and have been shovelling sugary medicines down my neck like there is no tomorrow. Add to that the warming comfort food and my weight has now gone back up to 17 stone 5 lbs!!

I feel a little better today though, or at least a little more able to control what I put into my gob, even if not up to exercising still. Hopefully the weight gain will stop at the very least and I hope to get back to exercising within the next two weeks if the bronchitis has run its path by then. Fingers crossed.
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Down a pound this week :)
Not much, but its in the right direction!

Sorry to hear you've not been well, Keanie --hope you're soon fighting fit again!
Can you ask for sugar-free medicines from the chemist?

And as for the warming comfort food -- how about soup? Excellent comnfort food, and if its home-made you can control how much "naughty" stuff goes in it
And as you start feeling better and are more active, even without re-starting your excercise programme, the weight should soon start to disappear again

Keaniebean

Thanks for the tips Marmalady, the main problem was that I couldn't get out to go shopping so I was using things that I already had available to me. I'm also trying to tighten the financial belt too, so was determined to use things I already had rather than go and buy more. I find so often that trying to loose weight AND not spend money aren't good bedfellows :?

We had to go shopping on Saturday though, so now the cupboards are full of natures goodness again :cheers: which will help this week to reverse the damage.
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.