Weight loss group 2012

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
wabbit955
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Weight loss group 2012

one more 1kg down
slower now but still coming off
but on hoildays now so away from all dessert and sweet stuff so should get easyer
Darn that Wabbit

prison break fan
A selfsufficientish Regular

I have been a miserable failure recently, but last week I took my little dog to the vets for her vaccinations and he weighed her and said she was at least 2kilos overweight! I was horrified as she is very active. I immediately started walking faster with her and have lost 2lbs!!! Don't know about her, but I'm really chuffed! pbf.

Flo

Both of you need to adjust your diets to fit your normal activity levels pbf! I was a bad lot last week and upped the activity to a ridiculous level because there was some jungle warfare to be done on allotment as part of the three yearly change around of beds. It lost me nearly 4lbs but did nothing for taking my diet in the long term like - for the winter which will be more seat based due to the weather.

Hmm - you see my quandary. :mrgreen:

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

8 st 8lbs this morning. I was down to 8st 4lbs until 2 days ago! My mother-in-law came back from holiday with my daughter with a rediculous amount of chocolate bars, mini mars and snickers, chocolate buiscuts and crisps. All of which was intended for the kids so of course I had to do the honerable thing and eat them myself to save the kids from certain death by junk food! Pleased to say my kids are fine and well, gorging on fresh fruit from the orchard, while I, on the other hand, have gained 4 lbs in 2 days!
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Am defintely not happy with my scales this morning!

They say I have gained 2 lb this weekend :(

Not a happy bunny!!

wabbit955
Living the good life
Living the good life

11 stone now and not moving but it a good weight for me so very happy
Darn that Wabbit

Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Last week's 2 lb gain has gone again this week :)

Now 11 stone again -- still hoping to lose some more

demi

8st 4lbs again this morning. I'v been yo-yoing up and down from 8st 4lbs to 8st 8lbs for a few weeks now. Can't seem to break down past 8st 4lbs.

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

prison break fan

I've lost another 1lb, just through exercising my overweight dog! She goes to be weighed on Tuesday, she was 13.3 kilos, and I can see she has lost quite a lot. Do you feel there are not many of us left in this slimming group, and why did Big Al abandon us? Can we persuade him back? pbf.

boboff

17st 11lb today!

Starting again today though, no Fags, booze or Carbs for 90 days!

Yeah right!
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I'm yo-yoing around the 11 stone mark

Need something to kick-start the downward trend again

Good luck Bob -- if all goes according to plan you should be able to enjoy Christmas without feeling too guilty!

Flo

Not to panic, they say that sometimes you reach a plateau and it can be hard to get things going again.

You lot want to keep a diet sheet of everything that you eat for a couple of weeks - I mean everything down to that odd biscuit from bottom of packet that you want to throw out and the odd chocolate you sneak. You'll probably be amazed at what you are eating over a day - if anything like me three months ago it wasn't three proper meals a day (and sensible meals with half a plate of veg, a quarter of protein and a quarter of starch such as spuds or pasta either).

Having got into the habit of starting with a bowl of breakfast cereal (and not coco pops either :mrgreen: ), it seems easier to last till lunch time. Mind sticking a great big chunk of cake or sticky pud on for seconds doesn't help when you need to be eating just fruit or low fat yoghurt. Hmm. Coming from a generation where high tea happened about now - high tea with cake and scones and jam and cheese and toasted teacakes - well there's another one I've had to conquer.

But I'm done 1 stone and 2lbs in 12 weeks without starving so it can be done. Trouble is that the quiet outside season is coming up end of next month so I'm going to really have to watch the snacks which can be real high calorie more than a meal type things. :mrgreen:

prison break fan

Little dog went to be weighed last night. She has lost 400g, which according to the vet is exactly what she should have done. She should lose 100g a week. I was tempted to ask the vet to weigh me! I came home delighted with her and celebrated by eating 6 jaffa cakes. I know, shouldn't have them in the house, but the grandchildren were coming and then cancelled. Off down the allotment now to redeem myself. pbf.

demi

8st 6lbs this morning. :(

Was at a wedding on Saturday night, drank 3 shots of rakia and loads of fizzy water. Was slightly tipsy but in no way drunk. Got home, everything was fine, no spinning or loss of balance, thought id be ok. Woke up Sunday morning with the worst hangover, spend most of the time throwing up in the toilet! From 3 bloody shots watered down by a few liters of water, how did that happen!!?? Bad alcohol, it was probably home made. Note to self ( which im already perfectly aware of! ) stay away from the rakia!

boboff

17st 4lb today, so that a whooping 7lb last week.

No Beer and no Fags! I am really pleased.

It kind of gets me back to where I was when I stopped dieting earlier in the year, so it's time to "start" again proper this week.

Energy levels have been slowly improving over the week too, and I managed 7 hours in the garden yesterday, which, I know is not that much, but is probably double what I can do with a hangover!!
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/